MIDI Woes with Akai MPK249 & MPC Essentials

Reaction score
Good morning all!

This is just a little shout out into the void, in case anyone can help me.

I recently bought the Akai MPK249 and took my first faltering steps into the world of MIDI music. It came with MPC Essentials, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it to play any sounds. Some pertinent information (perhaps):

* The keyboard is connected to my computer via its USB lead
* MPC Essentials is recognising the keyboard's input (the relevant keys flash on the onscreen keyboard when I play something), but there is no sound
* I have selected MPCEsnt from the keyboard's presets

Are there any basic mistakes I might be making that are preventing me from hearing my shiny new MIDI controller?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm running out of hair to pull out : o )

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Try watching a few tutorials on VSTi and sequencing on Youtube and then get back to us.

Hope this helps,

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Thank you Gary.

I had watched a tonne of tutorials on YouTube, none of which helped me and most of which presumed some prior knowledge of MIDI. A friend of mine came over and helped me set up Ableton, so I can at least use my brand new keyboard now! I've been practising a bit on that, and I will then go back to MPC Essentials as it (should) now make a bit more sense to me - as will those videos you kind posted : o )

Cheers!

Ed

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
You're welcome Ed.

We all had to start out somewhere.

I could have cut years off of my learning curve if I'd had internet back in the 80's when I got my first MIDI keyboard :D

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Hello out there!

Does anyone know how to install EWQL Goliath properly so that Player can locate the files? I m having to search for the correct file because Player can't locate it. Also, how do I set up my Akai MPK249 Midi keyboard so that I can use with DP8?

Andrew

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I have no experience with any of those, so forgive my questions, but...

By "DP8," do you mean Digital Performer 8?

When you say "Player," is that something within EWQL Goliath itself, or something in DP8, or something separate?

The following information doesn't apply to EWQL Goliath, but perhaps something in it might help?

https://usermanuals.garritan.com/GarritanIntegration/Content/digital_performer.htm

Ask a Question