My Amazon basics cable is not connecting to Yamaha P115

Reaction score
Hello. I recently bought a Yamaha P115, and because of the many features possible with mobile devices, I bought all the cables needed to connect. I plug in my USB into the back of the Piano, then plug it into a lightening adapter, then straight in my Ipad Mini Four. It ends up taking 30 minutes to connect, which is a time waster. Any answers will be appreciated!

(Equipment: "AmazonBasics USB 2.0 Cable - A-Male to B-Male - 6 Feet (1.8 Meters)", "Camera Adapter, Lightning to USB Camera Adapter Cable With USB Power Interface Data Sync Charge Cable For iPhone5 or above and iPad, No App Required". "Yamaha P115", "Apple iPad Mini 4 MK9G2LL/A 7.9-Inch Multi-Touch Retina Display, 64GB (Space Gray)".

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I'm thinking that the problem most likely lies with the "Camera Adapter." I searched for the description as you gave it, and if the result I'm looking at is what you bought, it looks like a third-party interface device rather than an Apple product. I know the official Apple product costs more, but when it comes to USB interface adapters-- such as MIDI-to-USB, or USB-to-Lightning, etc.-- it seems that the cheaper third-party products are all too often just that, cheap and unreliable. If you can find someone who already has an Apple USB-to-Lightning adapter that you can try, see if it works better than the one you bought. Or if you can't find anyone who can lend you their Apple adapter to test before you buy, then you could just go ahead and buy it anyway. But I'm not certain that this would solve your problem, which is why I recommend trying to find one you can borrow to test first.

Reaction score
I agree with Michael but would add that Amazon Basics are just that, not the best quality hence I would swap over the USB lead.

I actually would only buy Apple products from the Apple Store as I do not trust that other sellers are actually selling Apple produced products.

When making connections, connect everything with both Keyboard and iPad switched off, do the reverse to disconnect.

Reaction score
Thanks. I bought a different cable than the Amazon Basics, thinking that was the problem, but it made no difference. I'm pretty sure it's the Camera Adapter. I'm going look into one (from the Apple Store, not amazon), and hopefully it'll fix my problem. I'm pretty sure it will, anywho. I'll see if i can borrow one firsy, but I don't think so.
Thanks!

Ask a Question