Ok, this is getting difficult!

Reaction score
Hey people! :)

Ok, so i have finally decided to fork out a generous sum of money for a good keyboard, around the 500 US Dollar mark. I currently live in Spain so im trying to find somthing thats available in europe atleast so it runs on same power as here (seeing as our power is different that US). My playing level is crap to be honest, and the only tune i can get out at a perfect level is Titanic, it only took me about a week to learn it and people told me i had a knack for keyboard playing, plus i really enjoy it and want to play alot!

The type of things im playing is anything really that i find interesting, from fur elise down to the indiana jones theme song haha.

I have been able to get 2 different keyboards up online that look quite good, but i found they are quite outdated so maybe somone out there could help me by recommending somthing better for same price area.

I am looking fo somthing with alot of voices as i play so much variation, and i dont want fully weighted keys (yet!) as im not used to them yet and i like the feeling of non weighted or lightly weighted keys.

here are the 2 i have seen:

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/musi...gitalkeyboards/dgx_series/dgx-530/?mode=model

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/musi.../digitalpianos/dgx_series/ypg-535/?mode=model

Appreciate any help and opinions, just want to get the best for my money! :)

Reaction score
no and most likely wont get to as there are no music stores in my area, i live in a rural area so i will be ordering online. Do you have any opinions if them?

Reaction score
Last one I had a play on from that range was the 620 or 630. It felt and sounded good.

I think the DGX would be a good buy. Just get something and get playing.

It's not very portable - do you have any musicians near you you can get together with?

Reaction score
It'll be fine then. Get some singers round.

I'm not gigging tonight - logging off now to watch a film for a nice Friday night off. This will be my last post this evening.

Be sure and post when you get your keyboard.

Goodnight.

Ask a Question