ORLA Sport-2

Reaction score
Hi friends,

I bought an Orla Sport-2 some years ago.

I have the following problem and question:

On my Orla Sport 2 I have the following error message when I press the 'disk' button:

DISK error n. 05
FORMAT?

This message is there also when I do a reset. So a reset has no effect.

Can anybody help me?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I don't know what error codes the Orla uses, but apparently DOS error 5 means "Access denied," so I wonder if it might have the same meaning for the Orla's disk system? An "Access denied" error can mean an issue with the file permissions, or file ownership, or even the permissions or ownership of the directory the file is in. Are you trying to write to the disk, or just read from it? Is the disk write-protected? Do you have another device-- computer, etc.-- that you can use to view the disk's directory listing, as well as the properties and permissions of the files on it?

Reaction score
I want to show you a short video about the EMU-2 usb drive how it works in the
Orla Sport-2 with the 'disk' button.

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
So if I understood the pertinent parts of that, when you press the DISK button it's actually accessing the internal memory of the instrument, right? Or is it while you are trying to access the USB stick?

As I said, I don't know what the Orla's error codes mean. But if it's having trouble accessing the internal drive of the instrument and is giving you the option to format, how are you responding to that question?

Reaction score
Problem is solved:
The organ is not finding any files from the EMU. Normal procedure is to insert appropriate usb stick press and hold "load" on the EMU until CH appears keep holding until a number "0 to 99" release load button use up/down buttons to select desired track press load again untill it flashes blue release button, when light stops flashing it has loaded into EMU ,then try 'disc' button functions on organ.

Now keyboard works like it should.

Here som other news about Orla instruments.

The old companay orla,it doesen't no longer exist.

The new one with some of the old employees is:

email adress: (e-mail address removed)

New company:

https://www.2ldistribuzioni.com/

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
I'm glad you got the problem resolved!

And thank you for sharing the information about Orla. I'm sure it will be helpful to someone else. :)

Reaction score
thank you for the information you dont happen to know were i can get usb stick for Orla Modena and a full manuall they seem to be lie gold have emailed Paul Carman to no avail the manual says go to page 51 for instructions but mine only goes to 43 and it seems to be the full manual and need to format usb disc and keep getting error code n5 have tried watchind video and still it doesnt work

Ask a Question