PC2X Losing Stored Setups

lry

Reaction score
I had not used my keyboard for some time and lost my stored setups because I let the battery die. I have replaced the battery, and am no longer getting a "low battery" message when I boot up. I can store setups, but when I turn the keyboard off I lose them. Thoughts? Thank you

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Dollar store battery?

Or name brand?

The cheapest ones are alkaline, not lithium and not worth a bucket of pig snot...

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
How old? Bought where? There's a lot of lookalike copycats coming from china these days?

Did you actually test it and was it lithium or not?

Lithium =10 years.

Alkaline =6 months.

lry

Reaction score
Sorry my bad - Energizer, date on it is 2025, and it says lithium. Though I didn't test if it was lithium. We just installed it a week or two ago and it hasn't stored settings since we installed it.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
By any chance, did you backup your settings? You may have accidentally locked the write function globally?

lry

Reaction score
I didn't back up my settings. I confess I'm not up on all the terminology, but would locking the write function prohibit me from storing the sound in the first place? I can store it - just can't keep it!

lry

Reaction score
Upside down... that's a good question! If the battery was installed incorrectly, would I get a "low battery" warning?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Yep. Somewhere in your global settings menu is a write lock switch for protecting the factory voices and setups from being overwritten.

lry

Reaction score
Okay I can look for that thanks. I'm not trying to overwrite any factory voices or setups - these are all empty slots. But maybe that works the same way.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Check the menu item first.

Upside down battery could blow out the circuit unless it's diode protected.

Error messages are anyone's guess.

lry

Reaction score
I'm sorry I never replied! I went back to check on what you said, and realized it was operator error. All good. I just don't know how to close a thread. Thanks again for your input.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Actually it's an old computer repairman's term.

"Problem Exists Between Keyboard and Chair...." :)

Ask a Question