Simple solution to connect my 10 synths to my small mixer table?

Reaction score
Hello ! I've got 10 synths and groove boxes, most of them with stereo outpouts (2 jacks) and one simple Roland mixer table with 4 stereo inputs (2 jack each) plus a few mono inputs (for mike, guitar...).
Id like to connect all synths to the mixer table so I can play any of them at any time without reconnecting cables.
My idea would be to connect several synths to each of the 4 channels of the mixer table...
But how to do that in the most simple , and "clean" way? Should I use a patch bay, JAck Y-adapters ...?
The setup is not connected to a DAW. I just need to channel the audio to my 2 speakers !
Looking forward to any advice !

Reaction score
That would be a very untidy solution and one where signal degradation and interference could easily occur.

By far the best solution is to buy a Mixer that had an adequate number of input channels.

Allen & Heath 18 stereo channels c£700

Reaction score
By "y-jack" i assume that you are referring to a splitter used in reverse so that the splitter is used to connect two keyboards into one of your current mixer's inputs. Y jacks are intended to be used to split signals; mixers are used to combine signals. So to do it properly you should purchase a mixer with the proper number of inputs in order to "mix" (combine) all of the synths at one time. An alternative would be to purchase a duplicate mixer and plug the remaining keyboards into that, then take the two outputs of that mixer into 2 channels of your current mixer.

You will find the "y-jack" solution to actually not be a viable solution.

Reaction score
Hello ! I've got 10 synths and groove boxes, most of them with stereo outpouts (2 jacks) and one simple Roland mixer table with 4 stereo inputs (2 jack each) plus a few mono inputs (for mike, guitar...).
Id like to connect all synths to the mixer table so I can play any of them at any time without reconnecting cables.
My idea would be to connect several synths to each of the 4 channels of the mixer table...
But how to do that in the most simple , and "clean" way? Should I use a patch bay, JAck Y-adapters ...?
The setup is not connected to a DAW. I just need to channel the audio to my 2 speakers !
Looking forward to any advice !
Replace your mixer with a 16 channel mixer like the Mackie ProFX16v3

Ask a Question