Problem with Casio CTK 6200

Reaction score
Hi, I´ve just bought a ctk 6200 and the noises of some keys are really annoying. I wanna know if this is normal or not because this is my first keyboard.

In this video you can check the noise:

Thanks!

Reaction score
Welcome.

Certain Casio keyboards do tend to be “clacky” in operation, its not specific as it affects is random within the models, most are OK but some are not.

If it is a new keyboard then my advice would be to return it for an exchange and I would suggest the Casio CT X700 which is the new model and of similar price.

The X series have a new sound engine which gets excellent reviews.

Reaction score
Welcome.

Certain Casio keyboards do tend to be “clacky” in operation, its not specific as it affects is random within the models, most are OK but some are not.

If it is a new keyboard then my advice would be to return it for an exchange and I would suggest the Casio CT X700 which is the new model and of similar price.

The X series have a new sound engine which gets excellent reviews.

Thanks for answer,

So, this isn´t normal. I was thinking that the noise could be "acceptable" and keep it, but if you tell me that others Casio keyboards don´t do that noise I will try to return it.

The problem is that the Casio CT X700 is not available in the shop where I bought the 6200. In the other hand, for more or less the same price that I paid the 6200 now I get the following models: CTK 5200, WK 240 or LK 280

What should I do, keep the noisy 6200 or change it for one of those models?

Reaction score
I cannot give you specific advice on the other keyboards you quote.

I would suggest you check out a Yamaha PSR E363 or 463 both of which I have played and did not find them to have noisy actions.

Reaction score
Great, I´ll do that, the Yamaha´s models are a little bit more expensive than Casio, but if the seller give me the money back I´ll check those models of Yamaha.

Reaction score
There is a way to fix this, I did it on my 3800 Casio. You get a 1/4 inch length of foam about 1/2" wide and use double sided tape place it under the keys. But on the flat of the body , not the key itself. If you place it back enough not to see it, you will not know it is there; but the clicking with be drastically reduced.

Ask a Question