Casio cdp-230r sustain problem

Reaction score
i have a casio cdp-230r. Just recently it started making a buzzing sound that last about a second when you turn it on. And the sustain is always on. I tried unplugging the sustain pedal and nothing changes. It plays fine otherwise. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
If the buzzing is only for a few seconds while you turn it on it's probably not serious. Maybe a flaky capacitor in the power supply.

As for the sustain? Check your manual and initiate a factory reset. If that doesn't work then contact Casio Support for an RMA if it's still under warranty.

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Oh! Sorry Lakester. I mis-read your post thinking thr buzzing sound was the only issue with sustain on and sustain off.
Gary is on the ball.
I once had the same problem in an old discarded model. When I unplugged the sustain pedal it was silll in sustain mode using my headphones or external amp/speaker. When I unplugged the head phones and/or the amp/speaker the problem fixed itself playing through the keyboard speakers.(no sustain).
Ray:)

Ask a Question