Quick Height Adjustable Keyboard Stand?

Reaction score
When I play my Korg Grandstage 88 alone, I do so in a seated position, but I need to practice standing, for when I play with the band. is anyone aware of a quality "Quick Adjustable Height" keyboard stand? Thanks

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
What you need is quick and sturdy for 88 keys. That rules out X stands and column style stands like the Ultimate line.

You should be looking at A Frame Style Stands and Z Stands.

I use a couple of Onstage KS-7365EJ stands which are Z-Style. Height adjustment involves simply loosening and tightening two knobs but I would never try and do that adjustment while the keyboard was resting on the stand. The stand would pretty much have to be empty to do that adjustment. Otherwise though, adjustment is pretty quick and painless and the stands themselves are solid as a brick outhouse. No wobble or shake even when hitting the keys with crescendo notes.

They're rated for 400 lb. max load capacity so you can fit ANY keyboard on one of these.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
What you need is quick and sturdy for 88 keys. That rules out X stands and column style stands like the Ultimate line.

You should be looking at A Frame Style Stands and Z Stands.

I use a couple of Onstage KS-7365EJ stands which are Z-Style. Height adjustment involves simply loosening and tightening two knobs but I would never try and do that adjustment while the keyboard was resting on the stand. The stand would pretty much have to be empty to do that adjustment. Otherwise though, adjustment is pretty quick and painless and the stands themselves are solid as a brick outhouse. No wobble or shake even when hitting the keys with crescendo notes.

They're rated for 400 lb. max load capacity so you can fit ANY keyboard on one of these.

Gary ;)
Thanks so much. That seems like it will do the trick!

EdK

Reaction score
I agree with happyrat1. I have the On Stage and use it with my Korg Studio 88 (65lbs). In fact, i have the optional 2nd tier as well and place my Korg M1 on it. Solid as a rock. That stand is so sturdy, I've had two Studio 88's on it before. Also have the MSA 9505 and (2) KSA 7575 for mic and tablet. Attaches to the Z stand. No extra mic stands to lug around.

Reaction score
When I play my Korg Grandstage 88 alone, I do so in a seated position, but I need to practice standing, for when I play with the band. is anyone aware of a quality "Quick Adjustable Height" keyboard stand? Thanks
[/QUOT

Reaction score
Although I would agree that Z stands are better, to say "..What you need is quick and sturdy for 88 keys. That rules out X stands .." is bunk. For 10 years I gigged 50-75 gigs/year with a 72 pound 88 key stage piano on level one and a 37 pound 76 key keyboard on level 2. I adjusted the level/height I needed, marked those spots with "white out" for repeatable setup and never had one issue. Sturdy and especially quick (quicker than a z stand to setup). I still use the stand to this day for two 76 key keyboards.

Reaction score
Hercules z stand

Reaction score
Hercules z stand
That is what I used to suggest.

Changed my mind when a member here bought a Hercules and there was to much movement in it.

He then bought the On Stage that Gary suggests and that was rock solid.

I too had a Hercules Zee, two tier and yes it did have a fair bit of movement aling the keybed axis.

I eventually sold my Hercules as it became to big for my needs.

Reaction score
This is an old thread but I have a few quick questions. After a year our drummer is making us switch jam studios that doesn’t have gear so i’m shopping for yet another stand. Thanks to your recommendations i ended up buying the OnStage Z dual tier but it’s too much to haul across town for a 2 hour jam session with two rigs, pedal board, mixers.

1) Is there any solution with X stands for a super TALL person? or do you guys just kinda crouch over to play the piano style pieces?
I can’t seem to find one to hold a full size rig and toy keyboard (CTX) without one hand under it keep it in place while playing.
2)Possible recommendation for a 2nd tier adapter (will hold a CTX rig)
3) table top stands….. again do they work for tall folks?
4) Anyone try two X stands back to back to emulate tiered system ? — or is side to side more common.

Also i have 15 minutes for set up from start to finish l:eek:

Ask a Question