Recommendations on replacing my Nord Stage for keyboard with better keybed

Reaction score
Hi

I need recommendations on a great keybed, piano-like, keyboard. I have been playing a lot of piano lately and when I touch my Nord I find myself missing the great piano feel. My budget is around 1000. Also would like it to have good electric piano and organ sounds.

Thanks

Reaction score
funny, you're looking for a piano keybed but you want a good organ sound as well, but not seem to care as much about how the keybed feels when playing organ. I'm opposite of you, Id rather play piano on a synth keybed than an organ on a piano keybed.... no recommendations from me.

Reaction score
Actions are very subjective so it’s tricky.

Also 1000 (Euro, Dollars, Pounds, Goats?) won’t necessarily buy you a top of the line action unless you’re just looking at a controller. It certainly wouldn’t replace your Nord Stage.

I’m a big fan of Korg’s RH3 88-key action (Kronos, Grandstage, Nautilus, SV-2, D1) for AP and EP but it has its detractors too.

Reaction score
Are you keeping the Nord, and looking to supplement with a more piano-like board, or are you intending to use the more piano-like board by itself, replacing the Nord?

Reaction score
Do remember we are a worldwide forum and your 1000 to me means £1000.

At £1000 and 88 keys (although not all have your requirements):-

Korg Krome EX 88
Roland Juno DS 88
Roland RD88
Roland FP 60X
Kawai ES520
Kurzweil Artis 7
Numa X piano
There are others

As has been stated your wishes are not really compatible with a single keyboard

Ignoring the organ sounds and concentrating on action what is generally reviewed and commented upon as having the best action (subjective yes) is a Kawai so do look at the models around your budget. The Kawai ES110 is £500, ES520 £940, ES920 £1300, & MP7SE £1150.

Ask a Question