Reviews on the Nonlinear Labs C15 Synth

Reaction score
I just stumbled over a few YT videos of the Nonlinear Labs C15 synth. Wow! What a unique-sounding synth, it sure ticks a lot of my boxes sound-wise but I read it is very complicated to program and is double the price of the Novation Summit I was going to buy. Do any of you know the board well or have one? would like to hear your thoughts.

Many thanks!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
There are lies, damn lies and demos.

I'm not hearing anything I can't duplicate or run rings around with the prophet, the hydra and the take 5.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
There are lies, damn lies and demos.

I'm not hearing anything I can't duplicate or run rings around with the prophet, the hydra and the take 5.

Gary ;)
Interesting you say that Gary. From what I have been reading in other forums and blogs I have found the same comments. I don't think you realize that to a synth novice like myself, it's very hard to know what you can and can't do on various boards. Do you really think that the Take 5 or what I am wanting to get the Novation Summit can sound as organic and expressive as the C15?...

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I think you could buy a Prophet or a Hydrasynth AND a Take 5 for the price of a Summit and you'll have double or triple the timbrality and harmony for almost the same price.

Musicians prize these synths for their ease of performance and programming and intuitive controls.

Deep menu diving is the antithesis of a performance keyboard.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I think you could buy a Prophet or a Hydrasynth AND a Take 5 for the price of a Summit and you'll have double or triple the timbrality and harmony for almost the same price.

Musicians prize these synths for their ease of performance and programming and intuitive controls.

Deep menu diving is the antithesis of a performance keyboard.
Have you played the Oberheim OB-X8?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Have you played the Oberheim OB-X8?

I can't afford that kind of altitude.

The price point scares me and I usually buy my synths online.

But it is made by Sequential Circuits. They bought Oberheim decades ago.

That's a pedigree you can't afford to ignore.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
To be honest, speaking from experience, I'd rather have 3 or 4 crappy synths around me at once instead of a single monolithic beast that takes weeks to program for a setlist. :p

Ask a Question