Roland Ax Edge - Slave MIDI clock

Reaction score
Is there any way for me to slave the Roland MIDI clock to an external device?

I would like the arp speed to be controlled by another MIDI device. Can it be done?

And if yes, can it be done with wireless MIDI?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I can't find any references in the manuals to an internal/external setting for the MIDI clock. You'd be best off contacting Roland Support for the answer to your first question.

As for your second question, the MIDI implementation manual has a section on the MIDI messages for the arpeggio settings, so those might help. And the parameter guide refers to a "Remote Kbd" switch, with a comment that says
If you want to control the arpeggiator from an external MIDI device, turn this "ON."

Reaction score
Thanks. I did see that in the manuals, but I'm specifically looking for MIDI clock. The reason is my band performs with a tempo clock so that we can all sync our ipads, DJ turntables, MPC pads, drum machines. It would be a great addition if we can control arp speed on the ax. I guess only way to find out is to try... Does anyone have the ability to try it?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Most instruments that let you sync to an external MIDI clock will have a function setting or other clearly-identified option to that effect. I'm not sure how anyone can try syncing to an external clock if there's no obvious way to switch from the internal clock to an external clock.

Reaction score
Was this ever figured out? I’m having a similar experience and assumed that once an external midi clock was present the ax would know to use it.

Ask a Question