Steaming/Boiling Water Recording

Reaction score
So I want an opinion question on this:

Me and my friends(currently just made a new band) have been making songs and what not for the past couple weeks. We are going to try to make a sound intro maybe having weird sounds to start up a song.

I was think, making boil water in a pot. When it steams and boils, I'll record it. I was thinking using my programs on my computer to turn down the recording's octave's by 2.

Do you think that this would be good?
I'll post my file when I eventually have time to do this.

Reaction score
I bet you could get some neat effects out of it. Try using different pots to see if you get different boiling sounds. Maybe other liquids too... soup, spaghetti sauce, etc.

Somewhere I had run across a site where the guy described all the processing he did on his boiling sound. I think he ultimately used it somewhat like a background beat.

Walking down the hall at work today, it occurred to me there are tons of sounds everywhere that could potentially be turned into some pretty interesting effects. The powers that be might frown on me walking around with an audio recorder, however. Something silly little thing about confidentiality....

I'd love to hear what you come up with.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Limeydog

Latest Threads