Stereo Amps & Bluetooth Suggestions?

Reaction score
I just purchased the Yamaha MX61 V2 which should arrive in a few days. I have a couple of questions.

1) I would like to be able to hear my keyboard using various methods at home. I'm thinking there must be an easy way to run both left and right 1/4" outputs into a Bluetooth device of some kind so I can pair my keyboard with my home theater audio system or any other Bluetooth speaker. Has anyone done this? Is there an inexpensive way to do this?

2) I would also like to find a couple of inexpensive amps like the Kustom KPC4P or Peavey KB1 20W that I could spread out and use as stereo monitors for my keyboard but I don't think these could handle the sound from what I've read. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Bluetooth, be aware that there may be latency issues with devices, additionally the bandwidth of Bluetooth is limited so again there may be quality issues.

An alternative method is to stream via WiFi, which is what I do at home with my old HiFi system, I have what is a small Airstream WiFi router plugged into an audio imput and log onto it from my iPad where I can then stream music into my HiFi. WiFi Transmitter / Receiver systems are available if your Bluetooth has issues.

I suggest that you dump the idea of using a pair of amps and just buy a pair of powered speakers, forum member Gary usually recommends a pair of Mackies which will be cheaper than a pair of amps. I have a couple of Behringer 8” powered speakers which sound good to me.

With any powered speaker system it is expandable via adding a Parametric Graphic Equaliser and an active Sub-Woofer for the best reasonably priced setup. Do note that I suggest a Parametric GE, which offer far more customisable settings than a standard GE at not much difference in price.

Reaction score
Bluetooth, be aware that there may be latency issues with devices, additionally the bandwidth of Bluetooth is limited so again there may be quality issues.

An alternative method is to stream via WiFi, which is what I do at home with my old HiFi system, I have what is a small Airstream WiFi router plugged into an audio imput and log onto it from my iPad where I can then stream music into my HiFi. WiFi Transmitter / Receiver systems are available if your Bluetooth has issues.

I suggest that you dump the idea of using a pair of amps and just buy a pair of powered speakers, forum member Gary usually recommends a pair of Mackies which will be cheaper than a pair of amps. I have a couple of Behringer 8” powered speakers which sound good to me.

With any powered speaker system it is expandable via adding a Parametric Graphic Equaliser and an active Sub-Woofer for the best reasonably priced setup. Do note that I suggest a Parametric GE, which offer far more customisable settings than a standard GE at not much difference in price.

Well hopefully the Bluetooth device I ordered works OK. It does say it is meant for streaming music so I would think bandwidth won't be a problem for it. I do have WiFi and I will look at that is the Bluetooth fails. This is my router.

I had thought about using powered monitors. I'll look into that as well. Thanks!

Ask a Question