Synchronizing 2 synthesizers via MIDI

Reaction score
Hi guys. Could you help with this issue?
I have 2 instruments: Korg M3 XPanded, which has a full-fledged sequencer, and a Yamaha Genos, which has very good voices, but its sequencer is subpar. For instance, it's missing the following features: Event Edit, Copy/Erase/Delete Measure, Put Pattern to Track, Overdub, Compare/Undo etc.
I do not have a computer, and I want to use the M3's sequencer to record an arrangement, and I want to use the Yamaha Genos's voice banks while doing so.
I haven't had 2 instruments before, and I am unfamiliar and inexperienced with MIDI. I couldn't find any instructions for this situation in either the M3's or the Genos's manuals - no videos on youtube, either.
I hope you are able to help with this, for which I thank you in advance, or could you point me to someone or somewhere that could help with this?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I don't think I've Ever heard of a keyboard onboard sequencer that can control any external keyboard as a sound module without exporting to a DAW and manipulating there.

If you want this done in real time, the most economical solution is to install a DAW on your computer to use to control both your synths simultaneously.

The hardware solution is to spend a few hundred and get a multichannel hardware sequencer like the Arturia Beatstep Pro or Keystep Pro.

The choice is yours.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question