Sys Ctrl 14 Sources

Reaction score
Hello, can CC messages, aftertouch, and pitch bend from the external keyboard be used to control Roland Juno DS Matrix Control through Sys Ctrl 1–4 Sources? Thanx

Reaction score
I'm sure others here can be more help than I can. I tried integrating a DS into my rig, and gave up.
I now have a FA; Roland appears to implement midi control the same on both, and unlike Yamaha, Korg, and the Integra 7. For layers on the original midi channel in multi-timbral mode ('studio set' on FA, I forget what it's called on a DS), only note info is accepted. No mod, bend, sustain were accepted coming from external MIDI. However, every other channel worked with control information. (Note I only tested these items bc that's all I use onstage).

The only thing that worked as expected was turning on 'Remote Keyboard', which may be a FA-only thing. But it caused many other issues making it useless as an option. When I was testing out a DS, the Matrix Control did nothing useful for my setup and had no impact on the first layer.

It's a mystery to me why Roland did it like this on their KBs, especially when the Integra 7 functions as expected. I might get rid of my FA.

Hope this helps!

Reaction score
Thank you for your confession but can CC messages, aftertouch, and pitch bend from the external keyboard be used to control Roland Juno DS Matrix Control through Sys Ctrl 1–4 Sources? Thanx

Ask a Question