L1- Pro 8 Bose system

Reaction score
I plan on purchasing a Yamaha DGX 670 soon, and with all the previous generations, the DGX series lack speaker output quality, only about 6W each, but yet has a great touch, full 88 keyboard, while offering a large selection of rhythms. The Audio Technica headset makes the DGX sound like a concert grand. Yet when I plug the DGX into the Yamaha Stagepas 400S portable PA system, it's been very disappointing. Despite making adjustments with the controls, the midrange output is distorted and cheap sounding. Has anyone had experience with the Bose L1 Pro8 Line Array system? I've heard several of the Bose L1 Pro systems at larger venues and the sound is amazingly crisp and powerful. The L1 Pro8 would be perfect for my size venue, but it's also a $1200 item, so can I make the DGX better sounding with the Bose?

https://pro.bose.com/en_us/solutions/portable/l1-pro-family/l1-pro8.html

Reaction score
once again read the recommendation made to you here:

dont be trapped into buying a system because it is called Bose

Reaction score
Sorry, I missed your previous comment. I've spent money on a pair of PowerWorks, and a set of Yamaha 400S powered amp/speakers, and was disappointed with both. Naturally, when I saw and heard the Bose, I was impressed and started looking. I'll take a look at your links, perhaps this will be a better system. Thanks!

Reaction score
the DGX audio output Jack is a stereo Jack that carries 2 channels of audio.
You need a stereo to mono splitter adapter so that you can connect a single channel of audio to the input jack(s) of your PA system or powered speaker. This is commonly known as a Y-adapter, as it has one stereo plug connected to two mono plugs or jacks.

Reaction score
the DGX audio output Jack is a stereo Jack that carries 2 channels of audio.
You need a stereo to mono splitter adapter so that you can connect a single channel of audio to the input jack(s) of your PA system or powered speaker. This is commonly known as a Y-adapter, as it has one stereo plug connected to two mono plugs or jacks.
I have used the splitter, so I know what you’re referring. The Bose does not have a mixer built in, plus the tower is unstable, a known problem. I have not found

Reaction score
Again, I use the splitter plugs, not the singular mono. I have not found the Turbosound ip500 anywhere, as someone previously recommended, yet from some of the reviews I’ve read, doesn’t sound that crisp on a piano either. Have tried the Evolve 30M at a guitar center, it has a built in mixer, but still haven’t tweaked the midrange to sound that good. It also has an over powering bass. I’d like to try the Yamaha 1000K and give that a try, being that it’s made by the same manufacturer. Most everything I’ve tried sounds about the same as the Yamaha 400S system I currently own. Just disappointing you can’t get the same quality and distinction out of a dedicated sound system.

Reaction score
Again, I use the splitter plugs, not the singular mono. I have not found the Turbosound ip500 anywhere, as someone previously recommended, yet from some of the reviews I’ve read, doesn’t sound that crisp on a piano either.
Hmmm, something seems amiss.

1634219160058.png

Reaction score
Most every accolade made about the TurboSound is made when using guitars and voices, but the digital piano is another breed and oft times, the piano clarity is lost. Here's one quote, "I'll have to admit that my keyboards don't sound quite as good ....." Not saying I'm not interested, but I have to find one, play my DGX through it and then determine whether or not the sound is compromising or not. Most companies, selling these systems, don't have them in stock. The Guitar Center's have a large distribution network, making them more accessible. They had the Bose, Evolve and a few off brands and a DGX670, so could compare. I didn't see the TurboSound nor the Yamaha, so couldn't compare those. They said they'd order one, but then the onus is on me to purchase it up front. Point is, I haven't found anything yet that truly amplifies the sound that mimics a piano, in all the sound mediums. That's why I'm trying to get feedback here on this forum, which is "Keyboards"!!

Ask a Question