The 2020 rig of my favorite keyboard player

Reaction score
I actually built a revolving keyboard stand. It's a frame that sits on my X style stand that my Kronos sits in. I have a hole in the center of the 2 wooden boards for my cables to run through. I have a simple locking device to keep it steady when I want it and can have it moveable also when I want it to rotate. I just make sure that when it's free to spin, I'm playing very simple parts. It's a lot of fun and the audience seems to love it. My drummer calls it Jeremy's big spinning organ!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
How do you manage the cables on a rig like that? And isn't it unstable when it's rotated 90 degrees?

Gary ;)

Reaction score
The cables run through the center of the rotating section. I bought a large lazy susan ball bearing thingy. It's basically to steel square plates that have a 4 inch hole in the middle.

1582506107217.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
oops. Didn't mean to have the picture twice. But you can see the cables runing through the center so they don't get tangled. The top of the stand is basically square so stability is never an issue.

Reaction score
Mwooohhahahaha! Perhaps!
You can't really see my pedal board but I cut the wooden base of it so it locks around the feet of my stand. It's always embarrassing to have to chase your pedals mid song. I have 3 pedals on the board. The first, my left side is a momentary foot switch to advance the programs. Second is my piano damper pedal which also doubles as my Leslie effect speed pedal. The third is my volume pedal. I generally keep it backed off a bit unless the guitar player tells me I'm too loud. Then I stomp on the baby and rip his head off! Gotta let 'em know who's boss! ;)

Last edited:

Ask a Question