THIS is how you do it!

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of those YouTube modular videos consisting of a modular just sitting there and fingers reaching in occasionally fiddling with the knobs. What's the next fad going to be? How about this: washing machine in center frame, a hand reaches in and turns it on, ooo! listen to that! After a while the fingers reach in and adjust the hot/cold knob (you know how the hot and cold faucets sound different) Yah! Ok, time for a new patch: the hand lifts the lid, drops in some dirty jeans, YES! Oh, the constantly varying aural soundscape! I could wash, I mean watch that all day! It's mesmerizing! Hypno-trance-washing machine music!
Those modular videos are akin to the guy who throws paint at a canvas and calls it art. What am I supposed to get out of that? Real uplifting, thanks a lot. Now THIS guy lifts you up! His first videos were of the silly modular type. But he matured out of that and produced this which WILL make you FEEL SO GOOD!!

Reaction score
Interesting, my fingers reached out and muted the sound, repetitive drivel in the video is not music (a loose term in this context) that I care to listen to. The audible content of the video is a rehash of the Ibiza dance cr4p of the eighties.

BTW the paint throwing artist was called Jackson Pollock and he died in 1956 with a net worth of $117 million in todays monetary value, with one of his paintings selling for $140,000,000 which in anybodys book is a fair wad of cash to earn in a lifetime and a good sum for a single piece of art.

By comparison the most valuable music single sold for a mere $2,000 and a Ringo Start owned copy of The White Album sold for $700,000

Reaction score
Man! I've got to get in on that gravy train! People pay money for crap?! Splatter, splatter, here I'll throw on some of my feces, yah, the avant garde crowd will love that! All right let's start the bidding! How about you Biggles? Buy low sell high man! Just imagine what this will be worth when I'm dead!

Reaction score
Check out the movie Contraband, they end up using a loose Jackson Pollock canvas as a cover, unaware of its value.

Check out his work called 9A, its in the Tate collection in the UK. Now when I look at this work of art in reality it is mesmorising and compares very well to all the works of art I have seen which amount to thousands in London, Paris, Rome, Florence, Munich and the USA.

So yeah, give me modern art anyday rather than repetitive pop.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
You're way too late with the feces idea.

Back in the 60's Italian artist Piero Manzoni released 90 tin cans each filled with 30 grams of Merda d'artista (Artist's Shit) of which most recently one of the tins sold for 275,000 Euros.

They were originally priced at their weight in gold or $37 USD each.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artist's_Shit

Back in 2002 one of the cans exploded.

http://livehopething.blogspot.com/2015/02/tin-of-shit-valued-at-8000000.html

So don't be badmouthin feces in art. One man's shit is another man's treasure. :D :D :D

Gary ;)

Reaction score
It exploded!? What did they do, frantically scoop it up and try to resell it, or just clean it up and throw it away?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
They tried to sue the seller and lost the case because it was stored at an "improper temperature" :D :D :D

Now you know what happens when the Manzoni hits the fan :D :D :D

Gary ;)

Reaction score
An "improper temperature" to store poop. Now I've heard everything! I hope super intelligent aliens can't see any of this. Humans look kind of stupid sometimes.

Reaction score
Oh I'm plenty light Gary. I just can't get into art that is just weird for weirds sake. I want to look at, read, hear something that's going to make me feel good. Listen to Beethoven's 6th symphony: yes. Stand in a museum and stare at a can of shit: nooooooo.

Reaction score
A combo of Music and Art
No shit!:eek:
:Dray
Kandinsky, now we are talking.

Great post Ray.

Must look up to see any Mondrian, Magritte or Rothko musical interpretaions.

Rothko will be dark, moody and atmospheric with a physic element.

Magritte definately talking the pi55.

Mondrian, structured, multi layered and ordered.
That's how you do it too! Music and other art is supposed to lift you up, not make you want to throw up!

Art is supposed to stir your soul, to be emotive, to elicit a reaction.

The live naked girl on a bed at an exhibition in Manchester a couple of years ago certainly got a reaction.

Recently the Curator removed a well loved image stating that it was no longer relevent, her head is now on a spike on the City boundary, figuratively speaking, the painting is back on display.

Modern artwork at Manchester Bridgewater Hall, on of the finest venues in the world for sound quality.

C846D6A7-5955-4C69-AB05-961D38B4FD66.jpeg
[

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matiSon

Latest Threads