This Space RESERVED...

Reaction score
Good work! I've been reading a series of books recently called The Expanse (currently on book 6) and for some reason that tune makes me think of life on Ceres :)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
SyFy network made a series out of The Expanse last year. I think it came up as a Post Xmas Second Season Replacement.

It was a limited run of like 10 episodes.

Personally I couldn't find myself getting into it. I found it to be too much of a soap opera with some "grand mystery" to be uncovered eventually. One series I have been getting into this year is the British Sci Fi Humans. It seems to be a very well thought out treatise on Artificial Intelligence and so far I've been glued to the set every Sunday when it airs.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
SyFy network made a series out of The Expanse last year. I think it came up as a Post Xmas Second Season Replacement.

It was a limited run of like 10 episodes.

Personally I couldn't find myself getting into it. I found it to be too much of a soap opera with some "grand mystery" to be uncovered eventually. One series I have been getting into this year is the British Sci Fi Humans. It seems to be a very well thought out treatise on Artificial Intelligence and so far I've been glued to the set every Sunday when it airs.

Gary ;)

Yeah I saw it and wasn't especially keen at first, but I took a look at the books and saw that they rated really highly, so gave them a try. They're so much better than the series! Since reading them I have re-watched the series and actually enjoyed it more - I guess when you've read the book your mind fills in the gaps that the series doesn't cover. The second series looks like it's going to be good :D

I've heard good stuff about Humans too, we'll definitely be giving that a try :)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I understand what you're saying about reading the books first. I've had similar reactions after reading books like Space Odyssey, Lord of the Rings, The Dune Trilogy and The World According to Garp.

Unfortunately while I was once a voracious reader in my younger days, years of staring at a computer screen have left my tired old eyes weak and prone to eyestrain whenever I try and read printed material nowadays.

As it now stands, the only reading I'll do from a printed book is pretty much technical material and I simply no longer read for fun.

If you are loving Sci Fi and Fantasy though, a couple of authors I'll highly recommend are any of the series by Michael Moorcock and anything you can find by Edmund Cooper, specifically Kronk and All Fool's Day. They're both countrymen of yours who had some disturbing visions about Britain's future. A couple of other faves of mine from the 70s and 80s include Frank Herbert's Dosadi Experiment, Anything by Larry Niven And Jerry Pournelle, Robert Sheckley's Can You Feel Anything While I Do This, and round it out with Greg Bear's Blood Music.

Feel free to look some of these guys up. Their genius simply knew no bounds and sadly many of them are no longer with us to tweak our imaginations with their arcane visions.

They are all great additions to anyone's Amazon Wishlist.

Also worthy of note are T.J. Bass and his two novels, Half Past Human and The Godwhale
These men were simply brilliant visionaries who were decades ahead of their time.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
If you are loving Sci Fi and Fantasy though, a couple of authors I'll highly recommend are any of the series by Michael Moorcock and anything you can find by Edmund Cooper, specifically Kronk and All Fool's Day. They're both countrymen of yours who had some disturbing visions about Britain's future. A couple of other faves of mine from the 70s and 80s include Frank Herbert's Dosadi Experiment, Anything by Larry Niven And Jerry Pournelle, Robert Sheckley's Can You Feel Anything While I Do This, and round it out with Greg Bear's Blood Music.

Amazing! Thanks so much for the recommendations :D

Ask a Question