Timing on midi keyboards

Reaction score
I am using SCORECLOUD.COM to turn what I play into sheet music. It sounds like there's a few mili-seconds delay from pressing the keys and the notes sounding. This in turn is making the note time values incorrect. WHAT CAN I DO?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Are you using a Windows or a Mac computer? What you describe sounds like it could be a common problem when using a MIDI keyboard with virtual instruments on a Windows computer-- namely, a latency or delay between when you play a key on the keyboard and when you hear a sound on the computer from the virtual instrument. If your computer doesn't have a sound card that uses an ASIO driver, you can usually reduce this latency by installing the ASIO4ALL driver. But you need to do more than just install it; you must also tell your MIDI software (SoundCloud 4 or other program) that you want it to use the ASIO4ALL driver.

Reaction score
Are you using a Windows or a Mac computer? What you describe sounds like it could be a common problem when using a MIDI keyboard with virtual instruments on a Windows computer-- namely, a latency or delay between when you play a key on the keyboard and when you hear a sound on the computer from the virtual instrument. If your computer doesn't have a sound card that uses an ASIO driver, you can usually reduce this latency by installing the ASIO4ALL driver. But you need to do more than just install it; you must also tell your MIDI software (SoundCloud 4 or other program) that you want it to use the ASIO4ALL driver.

When you say SOUNDCLOUD 4 did you mean SCORECLOUD.COM? As mentioned in my initial question. I Am using an Alesis v61midi keyboard with my laptop containing WINDOWS 10
Regards
Martin Evans

Last edited by a moderator:

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Sorry, I was confused when I looked at their web site. At first I thought it looked like they have a web-only version, as well as a computer version for Windows and Mac, and a mobile version for iPad and iPhone. But then I thought that what had looked like a web-only version was really just three different subscription tiers (with the lowest tier being the free plan), and that you still needed to use either the computer or mobile application with your chosen plan. So I downloaded and installed the SoundCloud 4 application for Windows, although I haven't tried it out yet. Was my first impression actually correct, that you can use the service online without installing a computer or mobile app?

EDIT: Sorry, I did indeed mean to say "ScoreCloud" rather than "SoundCloud"! Mea culpa. :oops:

Reaction score
Sorry, I was confused when I looked at their web site. At first I thought it looked like they have a web-only version, as well as a computer version for Windows and Mac, and a mobile version for iPad and iPhone. But then I thought that what had looked like a web-only version was really just three different subscription tiers (with the lowest tier being the free plan), and that you still needed to use either the computer or mobile application with your chosen plan. So I downloaded and installed the SoundCloud 4 application for Windows, although I haven't tried it out yet. Was my first impression actually correct, that you can use the service online without installing a computer or mobile app?

EDIT: Sorry, I did indeed mean to say "ScoreCloud" rather than "SoundCloud"! Mea culpa. :oops:
Yes

Reaction score
Yes that is correct. You can do 10 pieces free to try it out. Great if you could look at it and let me know what you think.

Ask a Question