Trying to identify this Yama keyboard from around 1993 - 1996

Reaction score
Thank you for approving me to this forum.. I am a New York studio musician / session player, and have this picture of me playing a Yamaha keyboard, around 1992 - 1994. I wrote several songs using this keyboard and want to buy / find a used one to buy, because it has unique backgrounds / sequenced rhythm patterns. I have a picture - how can I attach this picture of the keyboard?
I appreciate any way you could guide me to finding out the make and model of this keyboard - I have looked at images of older Yamahas but never saw an image exactly like this, silver in color. THANK YOU it has a unique sequence I used for several songs, which I must now remaster.

Attachments

• MeInTexasWhatYAMAHAkeyboardIsThis1992to1995.jpg
    MeInTexasWhatYAMAHAkeyboardIsThis1992to1995.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 71
Reaction score
Thank you very much for this list! Unfortunately, in my track notes I did not write down the model. All I have is this picture of me playing it. I am holing somebody will see the profile from the side, the profile, and know which model it is. But thank you for this list.
Richard Trifan

Attachments

• MeInTexasWhatYAMAHAkeyboardIsThis1992to1995.jpg
    MeInTexasWhatYAMAHAkeyboardIsThis1992to1995.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 20
Reaction score
To me it looks like the old DGX-415 that I owned many years ago or possibly the PSR or YPG equivalent. I started with a PSR-293 (equivalent to DGX-203) and moved up a few times to currently a DGX-650 (can't move on to the next gen as the keyboard in that one is awful). The wrapped plastic ends suggests PSR to me.
I've migrated 4 times in this family and can't say that the styles have ever been all that stimulating and evolution seems to be more a matter of adding more than advancing: some voices seem to have gotten a lot of attention and styles not so much (thank got they saved disco beats).

Reaction score
Thank you for approving me to this forum.. I am a New York studio musician / session player, and have this picture of me playing a Yamaha keyboard, around 1992 - 1994. I wrote several songs using this keyboard and want to buy / find a used one to buy, because it has unique backgrounds / sequenced rhythm patterns. I have a picture - how can I attach this picture of the keyboard?
I appreciate any way you could guide me to finding out the make and model of this keyboard - I have looked at images of older Yamahas but never saw an image exactly like this, silver in color. THANK YOU it has a unique sequence I used for several songs, which I must now remaster.
That looks like a PSR-2000.

Reaction score
It looks like the Yamaha PSR 3000 . I had one and loved it! Unfortunately, it developed a power issue where after awhile of being on, it would suddenly reboot itself then repeatedly flash the final screen. YAMAHA couldn't figure out how to repair it. They claimed they put a new motherboard in but the keyboard came back to me within 3 days. So I know they didn't. Anyway, I hope you find out your answer.

Ask a Question