User Styles in Yamaha CVP 701

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, there is no limit to the number of external style files that you can use. Note that you don't need to "import" or "load" the external style files; rather, you can select and play them directly from the USB thumb drive. So that is why there's no limit-- you can swap to a different USB thumb drive if needed (although a single USB thumb drive can hold more style files than you would probably ever be able to use).

That is how it works on the higher-end Yamaha keyboards, such as the PSR-S models, the Tyros models, and the new Genos. The lower-end Yamaha keyboards, such as the PSR-E models that I have, are different-- you must load or "register" any external style file that you want to play, and each PSR-E model has a maximum number of external style files that can be loaded or registered in its memory, ranging from 1 on some models, up to 10 on other models. But the CVP-701 is most definitely a higher-end model. :)

Reaction score
How does one go about playing without the root note using styles. I am particularly facing an issue where the root node just won’t go away. Playing on C means all chords hold C as the root F/C, G/C etc. which of course does not suit my style of play

Ask a Question