New DGX 660 User

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Welcome aboard sailor.... (pun intended :) )

Let us know a bit more about yourself.

How experienced are you with keyboards? What's your favorite style of music? What sort of musical goals do you wish to accomplish over the years to come?

There are a few DGX users here on the board already so you'll be in good company.

Gary ;)

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hello Gary,
I have been a piano player for over 50 years. I played in church most of those years. My training is classical, but Floyd Cramer, Micky Gilly, and Jerry Lee Lewis had an influence in my style. About forty years ago I bought a Yamaha CP-30. A heavy 88 key piano with only four voices. It weighed about 100 pounds but it was reliable. I still have it and it still works.

My principle goal in buying the DGX 660 is to lay down simple tracks that we can sing along with in the Messianic Jewish congregation I lead. There is not a great deal of Messianic music tracks. It is a mixture of Jewish and Christian styles.

Perhaps I could have used Ableton but I like my fingers on black and white.

Steve

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Hi Steve...

The DGX should serve you well in a worship setting. One thing I'm not certain about is whether or not it has 1/4" L & R Line outs or not.

Otherwise, if you need to hook up to a house sound system you'll be stuck using the headphone jacks.

I've seen a few worship players pop in on this forum now and then in the past few years so maybe you guys can share notes.

Myself, I'm self taught, playing for about 20 years and semi retired. I use my keys to create original composition recordings which I've posted on soundcloud and youtube and recently I've begun to consider monetizing my stuff on bandcamp.

This forum welcomes all grades of players equally, from the greenest noobs to chart topping veterans and we all try to help each other out in the community with technical stuff.

We're generally family friendly and we insist on keeping the conversations civil and clean.

That being said though, we're all a bunch of tortured artists and occasionally might feel the need to vent our egos. :)

By all means enjoy your stay and feel free to contribute to the threads whenever you are able.

All in all the regulars here are a pretty friendly bunch.

Also, before you respond to a thread make certain to take note of the date of the thread. People don't always realize they've posted to a ten year old thread until it's been pointed out to them. :)

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Hi Sailorman,
I would like to welcome you to the forums as well.
Look forward to hearing more from you.
Cheers ray:)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Welcome, Steve!

One thing I'm not certain about is whether or not it has 1/4" L & R Line outs or not.
I don't think it does; if I'm not mistaken it has the single 1/4" TRS PHONES/OUTPUT jack like the PSR-E models do, with a Master EQ option to set the output to a line level impedance if desired.

Reaction score
Just got the DGX-660. Anyone else get high pitch overtones (not good ones) just playing like mid C chord? Like really noticeable on decay. I messed around with the EQ and the IAC which seemed to help but not completely. Anyone else?

Ad

Advertisements

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
See my reply in your other thread. :)

Ask a Question