What about the Krome EX?

Reaction score
Hi, I would like to write some songs and play from time to time, not deeply into music production but would like to use different sounds (instruments) in my songs. The Korg Krome EX fits my budget perfectly. I would like to hear your opinions, any experience with the Krome out there? Would it be a good instrument for my needs? Thanks guys in advance.

Reaction score
Yes, with what you asked the Korg Krome would be a lot of fun and very helpful for music production.

Reaction score
One of our longstanding members plays Krome in a Pink Floyd Tribute band.

That should say something about its sounds.

Thought Paul would respond to your post but they look like they are on Tour.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
One of our longstanding members plays Krome in a Pink Floyd Tribute band.

That should say something about its sounds.

Thought Paul would respond to your post but they look like they are on Tour.
Paul hasn't been on this site since Jan.
He is very busy and touring Australia wide as you assumed Col.
He is doing a concert near me in two weeks time. I hope to catch up with him.

Reaction score
Paul hasn't been on this site since Jan.
He is very busy and touring Australia wide as you assumed Col.
He is doing a concert near me in two weeks time. I hope to catch up with him.
I hope you meet up with Paul.
Give him our regards.
Then stick out your elbow and take over as keyboard lead in Echoes.

Reaction score
Thanks again for your help. Being really tight on budget I finally settled on a PSR-SX600 that I got for a very good price on a well-known e-commerce website from Japan (not sure if I'm allowed to mention the name of the website in the forum...). I ended up paying 728 usd including import duties and taxes to Canada which I guess is a good price for a brand new SX600. I like the keyboard a lot so far and it really fits the bill for my modest needs. It doesn't have the strongest piano sound out there and the key-bed is fine (I find it better than the one on the psr-ew425 I once owned but ended up selling because I needed a max of 61 keys due to space restrictions). I might trade it in the future to a Krome EX 61 if I find a used one in perfect shape that the owner would be willing to trade…

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Even though you bought it new from Japan, Yamaha Canada will not honor the warranty. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but Canadian distributors usually want to lock in the customer base and will refuse to handle foreign warrant claims.

So keep your fingers crossed and hope that it doesn't die in the first year,

Reaction score
Yes, I know, I had my fingers crossed already while testing all the functions and buttons after receiving the package. All seems good so far :)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I don't know what part of Canada you're living in, but here's a Canada wide Kijiji search on Krome.

There seems to be several available in Ontario with a wide range of price and features.

Reaction score
Just as a follow up after using the sx600 for a while. I really like this keyboard and it’s finally a keeper. Thanks 😊

Ask a Question