What do you think of. . .

Reaction score
A beginner purchasing the Yamaha DGX-230 to learn how to play the keyboard?
Would you suggest any other keyboards for a first time use?
How much cash would I look to be giving up here?

Cheers.

Reaction score
The Yamaha DGX-230 is a good keyboard for a beginner as it has full size touch responce keys and a good set of sounds and rhythms. If you are buying one new you will pay around £299.00. If you want to save some money also look at the Yamaha PSR E413. This has 61 key as apose the 76 keys on the DGX but still good anough to learn on and around £100 cheaper. Also if you was planning to have lessons, check out what your tutor will be using. Its a good idea to have the same make so you can use the same sounds and rhythms ect.

Reaction score
I wont be taking lessons.
This will properly be the only keyboard i will ever purchase, so it has to be semi-decent and durable

Reaction score
It is a good keyboard but it is still a budget keyboard and is looked at as a starter keyboard. If this is going to be you one and only keyboard it maybe a good idea to spend a little bit more and buy a keyboard that can be updated so you will not get fed-up of the rhythms ect. Yamaha's PSR-S keyboards have great range plus you can link them to the internet to download new settings. Check out the PSR-S710
Or Korg make a keyboard PA50 and PA588 which take the sounds from their pro synths.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gianni65

Latest Threads