What's the biggest user sample you can load into the 2700? What do folks do with all that available memory?

Reaction score
I'm leaning towards a 2700. As a prior PC3k user I have literally no experience working with samples. So I'm sorry if this is a dumb question!

But when I look at places like the Nord sample library, their largest "XL" samples are only 250MB... and supposedly there are 3.5G of user memory available for samples on the 2700.

In theory, is it possible to find (by which I mean "buy" and not "create myself") a very large multi-layer kick-ass sample? Do people usually fill that 3.5G with 1-4 really nice instruments? Are they better (or not much better) than the ones built-in to the machine?

If so, where do you buy them? Can you easily convert a VST to something compatible w/ Kurzweil?

Or is there an upper size limit on any particular patch, such that the 3.5G is really only useful for multiple, smaller, samples?

Reaction score
If so, where do you buy them?
a popular set is at https://www.purgatorycreek.com/index.php/vkc-for-kurzweil-forte/

Can you easily convert a VST to something compatible w/ Kurzweil?
"easily" can depend on the sound you're after and your skills and how fussy you are, but there are ways to sample sounds from VSTs, using SampleRobot or other similar apps. I don't know what's involved in getting them into the Kurzweil, but one possibility could be Kurzweil Creator from Chicken Systems.

Reaction score
With the Forte, Kurzweil patented flash and load technology which is used in the K2700. Not sure about the load times but the retrieve times are very fast. As far as what type of samples to load the choice is yours.

Reaction score
a popular set is at https://www.purgatorycreek.com/index.php/vkc-for-kurzweil-forte/

"easily" can depend on the sound you're after and your skills and how fussy you are, but there are ways to sample sounds from VSTs, using SampleRobot or other similar apps. I don't know what's involved in getting them into the Kurzweil, but one possibility could be Kurzweil Creator from Chicken Systems.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!

One of my main concerns was the EPs. This sort of thing (seven velocity layers and full length samples) is precisely what I was hoping to get.

Knowing that I can get XL samples for all the EPS I want, for a measly $49, is enough for me--I'm buying the K2700!

Also: Where else do people find samples?

Ask a Question