So what's with quiet sounding MP3 conversions

Reaction score
Recording Midi to wave in Pianoteq from my MP6 keyboard all seems pretty well volume wise. Launch that in MIxcraft 7 to convert to MP3 or create it in Mixcraft in the first place and convert to MP3 and I get this weak signal. Its strong enough so it boosts fine through a decent sound system but the average computer lacks the oomph. I hear plenty of other peoples MP3's have decent volume. Where am I going wrong ?

Obviously I'm pretty new at this but it's coming crunch time for pieces to be handed over to a DJ for a wedding and I'm hoping his system can deal with it rather than knowing it will. When I play through my system it is fine, which has an audio interface.

Reaction score
What I've been able to figure out thus far, or assume I have anyway, is the work needed should happen to the midi file. Once converted there is way less response in editing. I'd like to say I know more than that but not as yet.

Reaction score
Obviously my Focusrite Audio interface with latest driver provides more oomph than a ASIO4ALL and computer sound cards. That I have to address in my settings before I do a mix down. But none the less, I fattened these files up a little by adding a second channel and, in some, a touch of EQ and a touch of Compressor. One or two got a little Chorus too. Big difference but especially when played on a sound system. This should be easy for the DJ to ramp up to what ever and at least they are fairly even from recording to recording now..

Thanks for reading, maybe this info might help someone else. I guess not many using Mixcraft7 around here but that's Ok. I'll keep watching tutorials and get the hang of it. I own it, might as well use it.

Ask a Question