wk-3800 ckf to midi conversion?

Reaction score
hi:

I'm a newbie with the casio. I've been able to record a song file [song_00.ckf] using the keyboard but am unable use that format on my pc in any midi software.

Is ther ckf to midi conversion software available?

What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to save a song file as a midi?

I will be grateful for any help.

Thanks

Ross

Reaction score
I don't know about a .ckf to .midi converter, but if you have midi software, you could record your music directly on the computer (as a midi file) instead of recording it on your keyboard.

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip!
Funny thing . . . about one minute ago, it dawned on me to that I can work on a 6 track casio "song" file and when finished, play it using the Edirol midi cables directly into the midi software. Duh!
Thanks for the kindness of your reply. It's nice to know that there are helpful people out there.

Reaction score
hi, I am trying to do the same thing, I guess I need to get some midi software, any suggestions?

Reaction score
Depends on yor budget - obviously pro sequencers like Cubase and Ableton come with a price tag...

There was talk of adding MIDI editting to Audacity at one point - don't know if it's materialised yet. It certainly plays MIDI files.

Reaction score
Same problem!:)

Hi,
I'm also a newbie with a WK 3800. I want to play a recorded song on the computer, but have no idea how to go about it since the songs are in ckf format. I don't need to edit the songs yet (since I'm really new to this and have no idea how), but is there any really simple way to make them playable/ send-to-others-able on the computer? :confused:
Sorry about this really amateur question, but it really has been bugging me for weeks. Thanks!:)

Reaction score
Anything recorded in your Casio is proprietary, meaning that it can only be saved, and played back by a Casio instrument. Ypelletier's solution is the best (probably only) way to get around this. Instead of recording your music into your Casio, record it into your computer Midi program. This way, you can save your work as a midi file, which is transferable to other computers. This is the better option, anyway, since you will have a lot more tracks to work with than just the six recording tracks on your Casio.

Good luck!
Mark

Reaction score
You can record in your keyboard using Song Memory. Insert a floppy disk into your keyboard, press the Card button, go to Floppy Disk, choose with the right arrow Save, Song, and choose SMF Format.
Now, you can send the Midi file that you saved to the floppy disk to any computer, or even edit it by using your PC.

Ask a Question