Yamaha MO6 detuning by itself

Reaction score
Hello. I am facing the following situation with my Yamaha MO6: It is detuning by itself. At first I thought it was because I was moving the faders on Zones 1-4, but that is how I always play. I thought then that it was the pedal, but took it out. Now even when playing a single layered sound (Piano or Pianoback sound) it detunes by itself, and I have to turn it off and on again. I am not touching the pitch nor the modulation wheel.

This keyboard I have basically using it twice a week for an hour during some years at our church. Any idea of what could be happening to it and how to fix this issue? Has anybody had a similar situation with a Yamaha keyboard?

Appreciating your help in this regard,
Hermes

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Sometimes the pitch bend control goes bad, either the mechanical spring or the electronic circuit. If that's what it is, setting the pitch bend range to 0 semitones should stop it from detuning. If it isn't anything that can be fixed on your own, you'll need to take it to a service rep for a proper diagnosis and repair. Thus might help:

Reaction score
When it detunes itself try flicking the pitchwheel and rolling the modwheel. If it returns temporarily to normal tuning then these wheels are the source of the issue, if not, then you have a different problem

Reaction score
Thank you for your answersd, they were very to the point. I tried doing the self test and the results were OK with the pitch bend and the modulation control. It seems to be an electronic issue. I had to set the pitch bend range to 0 semitones and save some voices as USER voices and upload these to the PERFORMANCE banks I have custom adjusted over the years. This has solved the issue.

My question now is: is there any way to in general disable the Pitch Bend electronically for the whole keyboard? Or is there a way to store in each individual voice this Pitch Bend to 0 semitones adjustment without having to save each one as a USER voice?

Ask a Question