Yamaha P45 Output/Speaker Combo

Reaction score
We recently purchased a P45 for our church. I would like to have the audio come out of the piano's speakers while it's plugged into our mixer but when I plug a 1/4" cable into the "Phones" output, the speakers turn off. I've been getting around this issue by putting a monitor near the keyboard player and sending the keyboard's sound through that. But is there a way to make it so that the piano's speakers don't turn off when I plug a 1/4" output into the piano? (see photo for the piano's output jacks)

Thanks

1608592489378.png

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
First of all what sort of amps pr PA's are you running it thru that you even want to hear the onboard speakers? Secondly, if you want to run your speakers while you are plugged in it involves a simple but permanent hack of replacing the TRS jack inside the keyboard with one that doesn't send a signal to the CPU to reroute the sound,. Basically you are replacing a "smart" jack with a "dumb" one that doesn't cut out the onboard audio.

Any TV repairman is capable of performing this hack but it might involve drilling a hole in your lovely yamaha :p

Or, next time, consider purchasing a keyboard with proper line outs and professional sound routing capabilities.

Otherwise just stick with what you are currently doing which is to set up a monitor along with the house sound system.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Welcome.

Get a small mixer with multiple outputs for your own use.

Feed the P45 into the Mixer and attach local Monitors for your own use.

The main output pair can go to the main mixing desk.

Reaction score
What Biggles said, feed an output from the mixer into two of these and place them directly on top of the keyboard:

Even though they say wireless the speakers actually come with wires as part of the package to attach to the speakers from your mixer. I own one, don't be fooled by its size, it is plenty loud and is full range, it sounds surprisingly good for its size. This would be simplest fix without hacking up the P45. It also comes with a power cord in addition to its intenal battery so you could run it on its internal battery or plugged in. If by chance your mixer sends out a bluetooth signal then you could just put these two speakers on top of the keyboard and connect to them via bluetooth. Their battery last several hours, certainly longer than any worship service. Charge them up before the next service and Bob's your uncle.....

Last edited:

Ask a Question