Yamaha PSR 9000 HDD questions.

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I recently purchased a Yamaha PSR 9000, in as good as new condition. Probably the Guy needed the money because I thought it was cheap....

This has a 20GB hard drive built in. It looks like it has 3 partitions.
There is nothing on it yet. Complete empty. It works fine, I made a complete backup on it already.
My NEC USB to floppy disk copy device unfortunately does not work with Win10-64 bits.
Now I want to use a USB to IDE converter here directly, to put some extra PSR 9000 and Tyros styles and also MIDI files on it.
Also only have one floppy disk left in the house, and this doesn't seem to work properly anymore.

Do any of you know, if these have to be copied over in separate folders or groups, or is one on one copying also sufficient.

Maybe someone has experience with this, or another possibility?
Hope to hear from you guys.. Love this fantastic device....I had one before.

Reaction score
Just wondering how you made out with your question. I have a 9000 but a different problem.

Reaction score
I don't have the PSR 900 anymore.
I purchased a Demo PSR SX 700.
But what is your problem?
Maybe I can help I had a few of these great keyboards.

Reaction score
Thankyou for your reply, sorry for the delay. I don't have the problem anymore. It had to do with a Gotek emulator and using a program to put the style files on my board. I gave up and just put the files on the usb and use it from "disk direct" on the board. George

Reaction score
Thanks Gary, will keep that in mind. Is Linux a different thing than the Windows system I use for other stuff? George over in dull Milton.

Reaction score
Thanks Gary. Never knew that existed before. Gives me an idea to change my screen. Not that I'm a busy guy but that will keep me dazed and confused for awhile, lol. George

Reaction score
My system information shows Hard disk not available and SCSI not available in the yamaha psr 9000 ver 1

Ask a Question