A photo of my modest setup.

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I'm a relative beginner. I used to play organ back in the late 60's, and I have just recently decided to get back into playing. More or less learning all over again. Here is my setup. I will be moving it into a spare bedroom/studio soon.

Korg Kross 88. Hammond SK-1. Yamaha HS8's.

sOTE6Xi.jpg

Reaction score
I'm quite impressed by the HS8's. I A/B'd them with Rokit 8's at the store, and to my ears, these sounded cleared and fuller.

Reaction score
I am getting a Yamaha MG10XU mixer. I've never owned a mixer, so it could be interesting.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Yes give it time. Soon you too shall suffer from Gear Acquisition Syndrome (G.A.S.) and you too shall be living on mac and cheese while your family quietly discusses committing you to a mental institution :D :D :D

MAD You Say?!?!?!?!?!?!? MUhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah :D

Gary ;)

Reaction score
This mixer is great. Not that I have anything to compare it to. lol

The effects are not why I bought it, but I have to say they are pretty good. And being able to get a percussion rhythm going on the Korg with my left hand, and a solo B3 up top is pretty darned sweet. The Kross organs are decent, but nothing like the SK-1, and I can do some serious mixing and matching with this setup. No pun intended.

Reaction score
Yeah a line mixer is pretty much an essential weapon in any keyboard player's arsenal, unless you're only ever using one 'board. Good stuff - looking forward to watching your setup expand over time!

Reaction score
I downloaded the Cubase software that Yamaha provides with the mixer. It looks very confusing at this point. I've never messed with anything like that before. More things to learn!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Youtube is the studio musician's BESTEST Friend!!!!

There's 9 of these on Youtube. Watch em all and you'll be off to a good start...

Gary ;)

Reaction score
hi, soo.. nice setup.i just loved hs8's .impressive music keyboard setup.........

Reaction score
0925184425.jpg

This is the most current photo I have that you can see both keyboards, but not quite what I go out with on the weekends.

jim11_14.jpg

This was last weekend at a place called the R-Club. Lot's of suits and ties, but we go over surprisingly well. I try and keep the setup minimal due to the small spaces we get crammed into every week.

Ask a Question