Can't load wave expansion file (.exz) onto FP-E50

Reaction score
I can't get my FP-E50 to even recognize the file on my flash drive. I formatted the drive 1st and then used it to install the firmware update so I'm pretty sure the drive is good. But my keyboard does not recognize the .exz file on my flash drive. How do I get this wave expansion pack installed that I purchased from the Roland Cloud?

Reaction score
I have, but in the meantime I thought I would ask for help from someone with useful information...still waiting.

Reaction score
I have, but in the meantime I thought I would ask for help from someone with useful information...still waiting.
Did you format the drive using the keyboard? My Yamaha tells me to do that and the update/expansion file(s) usually need to be on the drive root (not in a directory) and preferably the only files on the key. I realise you are using a Roland but thought I’d mention this in case it can help.

Reaction score
I finally got it done. I had formatted the drive with my keyboard. But I had to remove all other files from the drive. Then the keyboard recognized the file and installed it. There was also a supplemental manual for installing sounds on the keyboard that I didn’t have. It went into more depth than the main reference manual did.

Ask a Question