Arpeggios exercise.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score

Found this excellent video.
I usually play ACMP with left hand but thought I might try something different.
Knowing most common chords, triads and inversions . .I figured by learning this could be another bow to my arsenal.

The arthritis in my left fingers doing the 4 step walk and stretch across a whole octave hurts like hell. .. It's the knuckles in the middle and index fingers.. . painful.

Any clue for a remedy anyone?
R

Reaction score
Great find.

I’ll make some notes and start on that tomorrow, should have it down pat in six to nine months ;-)

Arthritis sucks, as you are aware I suffer also and also like you its my left hand that is worst.

I am lucky of sorts as I have large hands so the octave spread is no problem, the random locking third finger is.

As for remedy, just keep practicing, but if your arthritis is Osteoarthritis then taking supplements may help. I have been taling Glucosamine tablets for five years now and wether its my dumb brain or whatever but I do not seem to be getting any worst. I have just found a new version of the supplement with additional ingredients and a six month supply arrives tomorrow so I’ll start on that this weekend.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Yeah mate! Osteo!
I have not progressed past step 1.
But only since yesterday I started it.
Today seems to be a little easier. Maybe it gets down to repetative practise after all. Trying to minimise the movement of the joint by curling the finger. I think a week of level one left hand may be worthwhile before moving on to right hand.
Cheers
R

Oogie Wa Wa

Nate, bass and keys for The Feds Band
Reaction score
A little late, but . . . Can you 'rock' your hand as you run up and down the notes? Like rotating your whole hand back and forth using your upper arm? Use that motion instead of trying to stretch out with a non-moving hand. It might make it easier, I dunno.

Ask a Question