Bsus2

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
How do I play this chord? (Left hand accm't)
I am playing "fields of gold" and it calls for chord Bsus2 at the part where he says "remember me" ("you'll remember me . . ")

I substituted with Bsus4
(F# B E)
But doesn't sound right.
My book of chords does not include Bsus2. Is there an equiv. More common chord i could use?

Oriane Lima

Hold on
Reaction score
Hello Sea this app is really interesting. Ray, with respect solely to the suspended chords, I found this film that explains very well about sus chords.

Check his site also.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
It turns out that the Windows version is limited-- when I tried to select Bsus2 is said that that feature isn't available with the "lite" version and it wanted me to buy the app. It seems to work only for some of the keys-- C through F#, perhaps? I suppose you could still use it for other keys by displaying the equivalent C chord (e.g., Csus2) and then transposing the notes as appropriate. In any case, I'm disappointed with the Windows version, because the iPad version (which I've been using for months) doesn't seem to have those limitations-- at least, not unless I somehow got upgraded to the full iPad app via an in-app purchase, which would be a pretty nifty trick since I've never entered a credit card number on my Apple ID for as long as I've had my hand-me-down iPad (thank you, big sister!), and I never install an app unless it's free. (I'm a cheapskate!) Now I guess I'll install the Android version on my Nook to see how it compares with the iPad and Windows versions. :)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
As it turns out, the Bsus2 chord sounds rubbish. Seems like it should not be there. It's only for 4 beats (one bar) so I scrapped it.
I am sticking with the preceding chord Bm7.
I can do this a not get shot according to cowboynq :cool:

Sounds great!o_O

Why do they use these weird chords anyway?

Another tune I am playing (Acker Bilk"s Stranger on the Shore) has a D13 :eek:
What's wrong with a D7?
That's what I use and it sounds splendid . . . If I can pat myself on the back;).

No one has shot me . . .yet!

Reaction score
Why do they use these weird chords anyway?
When I see a song with chords I hate my first thought is they did that deliberately to keep me out of their song :)
However, I have learned over time not to actually call up the artist and say "Hey, this is Dave, you know, the guy you tried to outsmart." They always pretended they didn't know what I was talking about anyway. :)

Last edited:

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Perpetual Change, by Yes, uses Sus2 chords in the organ a lot.

Sensational song. It changes pace and probably changes keys too.
But that band would use every single available chord outside the spectrum of normal. The voice of Anderson was so unique and of course Wakeman on the keys.
YES The original album. Thanks for the memory Fred:) We have a bleak rainy saturday morning here so i will dig out my old vinyl . . YES

Reaction score
Sensational song. It changes pace and probably changes keys too.
But that band would use every single available chord outside the spectrum of normal. The voice of Anderson was so unique and of course Wakeman on the keys.
YES The original album. Thanks for the memory Fred:) We have a bleak rainy saturday morning here so i will dig out my old vinyl . . YES
was it really wakeman in that? I deleted a comment about Wakeman before I read yours after I double checked on the web and the sites I saw acted like Wakeman took over for Kaye right after that, not sure. Never got into Yes like most did in my time but I love Rick Wakeman.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
was it really wakeman in that? I deleted a comment about Wakeman before I read yours after I double checked on the web and the sites I saw acted like Wakeman took over for Kaye right after that, not sure. Never got into Yes like most did in my time but I love Rick Wakeman.

You are right!
I just researched it.
It was kaye not wakeman.
Also this was the 3rd album of YES Not the original.
Thanks alchemy for following up and correcting me.

Reaction score
darn, I hoped and expected I was wrong. Thinking about him caused me to play the whole Rick Wakeman youtube playlist last night. Every time I woke up he was doing something hilarious or awesome.
Check out the one where he's "taking requests" if you haven't seen it. It's hilarious.

Last edited:

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I haven't watched this yet, but I saw one video (it may or may not have been this one) where he was being interviewed for a radio station or whatnot, with a 61-key 'board set up in front of him (as here), and he kept playing off to the right of the keyboard into empty air while lamenting that the station was too cheap to provide him with a proper 88-key 'board. :)

[EDIT: Yep, this is that video!]

I saw another very funny video that someone in another forum posted in which he talks about the night he played a big theatre organ that was supposed to be raised up from beneath the stage, but he was extremely inebriated, leading to much confusion between the band members about which number was supposed to be played first, and the organ was old and untested, and ended up falling back down below the stage just after it had been raised up. :)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Check out the one where he's "taking requests"
Hahaha! Very funny! Never seen that before. He is a comedian as well as a prolific pianist.
Prolific as in the birdy song right through davy jones, cat stevens and of course 6 wives and journey to centre of earth.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matiSon

Latest Threads