Connect Korg Nanopad to PSR 3000 keyboard

Reaction score
Connect Korg Nanopad to PSR 3000 keyboard to change auto accomp. style chords as I play along with non-midi accordion. The Nanopad is not compatible USB device in the PSR 3000. Idea works just using the trigger pads DD-14 to keyboard, need to bring control pads up on accordion bass side. Has to be small controller for mounting , need only 6-8 pads.
Looking forward for some help
Thank you,

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
The nanoPAD and nanoPAD2 have USB-MIDI ports, so you can't connect them directly to the PSR-3000, because they need to be connected to a USB host device. If you want to connect either one (I'm not sure which one you've got) to the PSR-3000 without using a computer as a go-between, you'll need to use some other device that can act as a USB host, such as the Kenton MIDI USB Host, the Hobbytronics USB MIDI converter, or an iConnectivity USB MIDI interface. (If you opt for an iConnectivity interface, be sure to get one that can act as a USB host, because not all of them can.)

Reaction score
The nanoPAD and nanoPAD2 have USB-MIDI ports, so you can't connect them directly to the PSR-3000, because they need to be connected to a USB host device. If you want to connect either one (I'm not sure which one you've got) to the PSR-3000 without using a computer as a go-between, you'll need to use some other device that can act as a USB host, such as the Kenton MIDI USB Host, the Hobbytronics USB MIDI converter, or an iConnectivity USB MIDI interface. (If you opt for an iConnectivity interface, be sure to get one that can act as a USB host, because not all of them can.)

Thank you for your fast and precise answer to my question. I will check into the products mentioned.

Reaction score
I just bought the nanoPAD2 and it's awesome!!! Yes, it does need to be connected to a USB Host port. It worked pretty well with just about anything I've tried, except the Pa4x is not responding to certain CC#messages coming from this. Waiting to hear from Korg on that at the moment. I'd be very interested to know if your keyboard actually responds to all CC# commands once you get the adapter and all.

Reaction score
Just found out you can't assign a string of CC#00, CC#32 and Program Change messages to a single pad with 'Control Change' option selected! So if the feature that you're trying to control needs these commands, you would have to assign CC#0 to Pad1, CC#32 to Pad2, and PC to Pad3....then press 3 pads and get something selected...etc. Sadly with the original nanopad you could in fact transmit the whole thing using one Pad. I guess that's what happens when you decide to reinvent the wheel!

Ask a Question