helpp with my motif xs8!!!

Reaction score
Hey i Have a yamaha motfi xs8 and cubase... but im having trouble setting it up. my goal is to record sounds from the keyboard into cubase and edit stuff with cubase. i dont want to use the motif as a midi controller (thats the only thing i've been able to do). Please let me kno what cables i need and how to set it up.

Reaction score
There is actually already a thread about how to connect your keyboard to the computer, I even think it's a sticky. You should be able to find it pretty easily if you just search on the forums abit.

EDIT: I just saw that you had already found it actually. But... How about reading it before asking in the very thread that explains it all? The very first post explains pretty much what you need. As far as I can remember, the one making that thread also has a Motif, so you should just be able to follow what he has written there.

Reaction score
yea lol i did read it but i dont think i can do it that way and get it to work with cubase. i think i need an mlan but before i decide to get one i wanna kno if i can do it with just a usb cable...the manual has me a little confused

Reaction score
The USB cable is only sending MIDI signals, so you will only be able to use the keyboard as a MIDI controller as long as you use a USB cable.

Reaction score
yea i figured thats all ive been able to do with a usb so far...i got it working with the way the other forum explained thx for the help.:D

Ask a Question