I wish Kitchenaid would make synthesizers.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I have an electronic kitchen timer by them that's covered in grease and grime and after 20 years it runs like a champ.

Why can't they build a keyboard to the same specs? :p

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I'll second your vote. In 2003 we had our kitchen appliances changed out as part of a renovation. We eventually sold that house. A few years ago that house was back on the market so for fun we went to an open house. We were surprised to see our old Kitchenaid refrigerator, oven and microwave still in service. Sadly the dishwasher was replaced. The Decor cooktop was also still in service.

Reaction score
No way.

We have one of their Mixers, wish we had bought another make.

It does look great, if kitchen appliances are your thing but the lid that fixes to the top of the bowls does not stay in place it flicks off and very nearly ends up being pulverised in the bowl.

So if Kitchenaid made a synth the knobs would control anti-clockwise to max, the weighted keys would be heavyest at the right lightening as they go left.

Oh and the controls would be below the keybed which would be verticle.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
No way.

We have one of their Mixers, wish we had bought another make.

It does look great, if kitchen appliances are your thing but the lid that fixes to the top of the bowls does not stay in place it flicks off and very nearly ends up being pulverised in the bowl.

So if Kitchenaid made a synth the knobs would control anti-clockwise to max, the weighted keys would be heavyest at the right lightening as they go left.

Oh and the controls would be below the keybed which would be verticle.

But I'll bet it will still be running 30 years from now :D

Reaction score
But I'll bet it will still be running 30 years from now :D
I don’t know, all I know is that I most certainly will not be around in 30 years.

It is built like a brick crap house, apart from the lid which is a design disaster with no clip to lock it in position and an open slide for adding ingredients that spews back up flour when you start it running.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
So, in essence, you throw the baby out with the bathwater? :)

Over a single, minor, fixable design flaw you trash the overall quality of the product?

Who the hell mixes dry flour anyway? Unless you're mixing bread dough, you always add dry to wet and if you're making bread you are supposed to use the dough hook.

I submit for the jury that you are blaming your poor culinary ability on the innocent hardware :D :D :D

Reaction score
So, in essence, you throw the baby out with the bathwater? :)

Over a single, minor, fixable design flaw you trash the overall quality of the product?

Who the hell mixes dry flour anyway? Unless you're mixing bread dough, you always add dry to wet and if you're making bread you are supposed to use the dough hook.

I submit for the jury that you are blaming your poor culinary ability on the innocent hardware :D :D :D
I do not use a dough hook for a cake mixture.

Is that why they end up flat like a frizbee?

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Who needs a kitchen aid?
1693010288368.png

Ask a Question