list of sounds

Reaction score
does anyone have a full list of ALL the sounds for me? It is such a terrible search to find a particular sound.....:confused:

Reaction score
Hi Skip,

Thanks for your answer. There is no such list in my manual. The categories do not show an accordeon, for instance... and it is hard to read even with reading glasses. Anyway, I hope to find a list on the link you send!

Reaction score
realy weird, the link sends me to Disney site

Are you kidding me?! :D

Anyway... go to www.korg.com and navigate to: Products - Keyboards and modules - Synths - X50

Click the support tab under the X50 image and click the link under X50 - Voice Name List

It has to work :D

Reaction score
no, I do not kid you!! :eek: It realy directed me to Disney, but it works fine now!
I found the list, AND the accordion!
Thanks for helping me out Skipp :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Since you seem to know your way on the Korg, here's another one for you: is it possible to store more presets than just the 1 to 0 knobs? Forgive me if this is a stupid questions, manuals are mostly in English and that is not my mother-toung...
(how's your Dutch?) :)

Reaction score
Well I know who Bert Smorenburg is, and the fact you have the same flag as we do, minus the emblem in the white field :D but I don't speek a word of the language.

Could you explain a bit better what you mean with "Just the 1 to 0 knobs".
I don't quite understand that.

Every Korg keyboard lets you overwrite factory presets so you can store your own sounds in any bank you want.

X50 should have A/B/C/D banks - each with 128 preset sounds. You can tweak all of them and overwrite them afterwards.

Reaction score
What I mean is this: there are 10 knobs on the keyboard side: 1 to 0 like on a phone or remote. I store complete settings there. But 10 is not enough, how does one move up te 11 etc.?:confused:

Reaction score
Well, you can use the INC/DEC buttons to move +1 or -1 in a combi/program mode,
or you can simply press 11 *enter* :)

Lets say you want to play a program on a number 46. Just press 4-6-enter

Same goes for combi mode, or any other numerical value inside korg keyboards.... programs, combis, volume, arpeggio tempo, any setting actually... :)

Reaction score
Hi Skipp, sorry for late reply, have been busy. I'm not sure if that is what I mean, but I will give it a try tonight! I want to put settings into favorites, 1 to 0 are already occupied, so I will try an 11!

Reaction score
All presets should be occupied. You'll have to overwrite some factory sounds/combis with your own

Reaction score
I know and have done so, and THAN I want to store it under 1, 2, 3 etc, as a "favorIte", so that during a live performance I just have to push one button and have all my pre-sets for the next song.
BUT there is only 10 "favorite" possibillities.......:(

Reaction score
There are no "Favorites" as such on korg keyboards.

You can save your performances in a row from let's say 20-45. All you have to do during a live gig is just push the INC button every time you need to switch a sound.

Can't be easier than that :)

One other option would be creating your own user cathegory -. which you can acces through a cathegory search menu.

Reaction score
Yes there are favorites! You make your sound, store under a number that you don't use anyway using the Utility knob, (the Korg asks you if you want to overwrite) than you press "hold" and a number (1 to 0) and your complete setting is under that number. But, again, that gives you only ten favorites....and I need more, that is my problem. I tried to put something under 11 by pressing Hold and two times 1, but that doesn't work....

Reaction score
Ok, it seems you really don't understand the way KORG keyboards work.

You have programs and combis, and you can edit and overwrite ANY of those.

If you need a specific number of sounds for live gigs - the best way (and the easiest) is to store them in order one after another.
The only problem with the X50 is that there are no free banks - so you will have to overwrite factory preset sounds!

All that has nothing to do with favorite sounds - and by a simple push of the INC button you will get the sound you need.

And if you really need a "favourite" group of sounds - like the sounds you use most often - just store them in a user cathegory. Once again - pressing the INC button you will go through those sounds while the user cathegory is selected.

It really can't get any simpler than that :D

Reaction score
I suppose you'r right, since I have been overwriting existing files allready. The easiest way would be to start storing under bank A 001, but that would mean loosing what is there now...So far, I used numbers that had stuff in it that I was pretty sure I would never use anyway. If I start using Inc. it would mean I might have to delete things that I DO want to use.
Anyway, you have been a tremendous help!

I had never played any keyboard but classical piano until a year ago, so getting used to all this programming and finding sounds is indeed completely new to me!:p

Reaction score
Hehe, yea well... we all went through that stage.

Anyway... i would suggest you made a list of sounds you won't use.
Then hook your x50 with the PC and open the x50 librarian.

Sort the sounds you won't use at the beginning of a bank (let's say A) and then just start overwritting them :)

Ask a Question