My first club-music song!

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTmtDKjuDSE

I got this idea a while back that I wanted to try this kind of dance/club-music song or whatever you call it that kids listen to these days.... I'm actually really not into this kind of music myself, but I'd say I'm satisfied with the results.
Excited to know what you guys think about it!

NOTE: Audio quality went through 2 additional compressions to reach youtube. So please download the mp3 before for a better experience :)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I like it. It has a nice, understated ambient quality that's not totally in your face. Good work man...

Reaction score
I've really kept it simple when it comes to gear.
I use Cubase for recording, and hence used a Halion drum preset that comes with Cubase for the drumbeat. And everything else is all from my beloved Korg M50 :)

Only "trick" used is that I recorded the desired track on my M50 at first (in slower tempo if needed) and then quantized it in the M50 sequencer before recording it into Cubase. Just to make everything nice and tight :)

Apart from that is just plain simple mixing, like doubling some of the tracks and just putting EQ & Compressor on everything :p

Ask a Question