Pa4x manual

Reaction score
Hi guys, where would I be able to get a PDF manual copy for the Pa4x, there are way too many pages to print off,
The main reason for this is, I don't know how to change from, say clarinet to sax to big band sounds etc.when I try the sounds I get are a bit disappointing, can hardly hear them, when I look on the net and see people playing them the sound is full and with a flick of a button you can have a full orchestra, I've pressed every button to no avail.

I've only had it a 5 or 6 weeks but really want to be able to get the big sounds.

Reaction score
Derrick

Have you watched the Korg Video Manual series for the Pa4X which is on Korg's channel?

Sounds - all Korg Pa’s need the Eq enabling so look this up in the manual and follow the instructions?

Now to explain how to do all you ask in your query would take me about two hours of typing.

Short Version - in Style play mode with your chosen Style selected you will have Four Keyboard Sets available to choose between on screen and on the four buttons beneath, plus the library buttons will when pressed present more sounds.

Now if you press each Keyboard set button in turn look on the screen and you may find that some of the sounds are muted, this is intended so a tap of the sound onscreen will unmute it and it will expand the sound pallette.

With the Style to Keyboard set button set to flash as you change the Style play mode from Var 1 to Var 2 the system will auto change to the Second Keyboard Set associated with the chosen style, change to Var 3 and Keyboard Set 3 is auto changed to etc.

So play with the sound Eq or Maxx Eq after genning up in the manual and you should be good to go.

You may also like to head over to KorgWorld.co.uk which is Korg UK’s website specific for the Pa series, follow the links to the webinars and there you will find 20 + hours of past webinars where you will learn all about using your
Pa.

Good luck

Reaction score
Derrick

Have you watched the Korg Video Manual series for the Pa4X which is on Korg's channel?

Sounds - all Korg Pa’s need the Eq enabling so look this up in the manual and follow the instructions?

Now to explain how to do all you ask in your query would take me about two hours of typing.

Short Version - in Style play mode with your chosen Style selected you will have Four Keyboard Sets available to choose between on screen and on the four buttons beneath, plus the library buttons will when pressed present more sounds.

Now if you press each Keyboard set button in turn look on the screen and you may find that some of the sounds are muted, this is intended so a tap of the sound onscreen will unmute it and it will expand the sound pallette.

With the Style to Keyboard set button set to flash as you change the Style play mode from Var 1 to Var 2 the system will auto change to the Second Keyboard Set associated with the chosen style, change to Var 3 and Keyboard Set 3 is auto changed to etc.

So play with the sound Eq or Maxx Eq after genning up in the manual and you should be good to go.

You may also like to head over to KorgWorld.co.uk which is Korg UK’s website specific for the Pa series, follow the links to the webinars and there you will find 20 + hours of past webinars where you will learn all about using your
Pa.

Good luck
Thanks mate, I didn't realize there would be that much, I've gone through the videos 1 to 9 I thought these were the same as korgs, I'll check out the korg one, the 4 sets I've tried but very bland and not very loud, I'll check out the korg one now and have a go at what you said, and start playing with a few buttons, thanks again for your help.
Derrick

Reaction score
Thanks again Biggles.

That's made an amazing difference, I'm happy with that now, I've got the webinars on my phone and the korg manual, will be pressing a few more buttons from now on.
Cheers mate.

Reaction score
As I wrote, setting the Eq makes a vast difference.

Do read the threads related to the Pa range in the Korg section, there is plenty of advice already written there that is still valid.

The key to effective Pa usage is to save your Song for which you have a specific Style chosen into the Songbook.

Within Songbook you modify the settings including the Keyboard Sets, Fx, Maxx Eq etc then save the Song again, but do name it as you want and it is there ready set to call up next time younwant to play the Song.

Keep adding your Songs to the Songbook and when you have a few, create a Setlist of them then again they are all therefor instant call up.

There is Songbook Editor app for a PC available foc from Korg and there is a 30+ minutes tutorial video on using Songbook Editor.

Reaction score
Hi guys, where would I be able to get a PDF manual copy for the Pa4x, there are way too many pages to print off,
The main reason for this is, I don't know how to change from, say clarinet to sax to big band sounds etc. when I try the sounds I get are a bit disappointing, can hardly hear them, when I look on the net and see people playing them the sound is full and with a flick of a button you can have a full orchestra, I've pressed every button to no avail.

I've only had it a 5 or 6 weeks but really want to be able to get the big sounds.

I don't want to be a smart ass, but in under 10 seconds I typed this in Google: "pa4x manual"

and it returned this:

1635444799248.png

Was there any reason that you couldn't have tried the same thing before asking the forum members to do it for you? Just curious ....

Reaction score
I don't want to be a smart ass, but in under 10 seconds I typed this in Google: "pa4x manual"

and it returned this:

View attachment 2518

Was there any reason that you couldn't have tried the same thing before asking the forum members to do it for you? Just curious ....
Never even thought about Google, I was in touch with Korg and asked them did they have it on CD or USB but I never got a reply.

Reaction score
BTW

The manual is 1066 pages long.

v31 is the latest version of the manual.

The OS is termed Next and it is the latest iteration of the Korg system which was released as 3.0 in early 2019, there have been no updates other than the minor update to 3.1 since.

Not sure how you tried to contact Korg but the Pa is a product of Korg Italy and they provide support, Paulo is the usual responder if an official support ticket is raised.

You may also like to join Korgforums.com where there are users far more knowledgable than I to help, but the guys here are far more friendly.

Good luck.

Reaction score
BTW

The manual is 1066 pages long.

v31 is the latest version of the manual.

The OS is termed Next and it is the latest iteration of the Korg system which was released as 3.0 in early 2019, there have been no updates other than the minor update to 3.1 since.

Not sure how you tried to contact Korg but the Pa is a product of Korg Italy and they provide support, Paulo is the usual responder if an official support ticket is raised.

You may also like to join Korgforums.com where there are users far more knowledgable than I to help, but the guys here are far more friendly.

Good luck.
Thanks, I think I'm on the right track now, I think I may have explained what I was looking for, I was wondering if you can get a hard copy of the manual which is what I really wanted, but now realize that's not possible it's all download, I've downloaded thing's in the past and after a while I can't find them, but that's just me I haven't got a clue how to go about sorting something out, but now what I will do is get the link and give it to a printer shop and get them to put it into a folder for me, I can do all my own plumbing and building, you've put me on the right track and I've done quite a bit of what you told me and once I sort out the manual I can sit down and follow it step by step and have my pa singing to me lol, I just needed a kick start and thanks to you I am going in the right direction.

Reaction score
Thanks, I think I'm on the right track now, I think I may have explained what I was looking for, I was wondering if you can get a hard copy of the manual which is what I really wanted, but now realize that's not possible it's all download, I've downloaded thing's in the past and after a while I can't find them, but that's just me I haven't got a clue how to go about sorting something out, but now what I will do is get the link and give it to a printer shop and get them to put it into a folder for me, I can do all my own plumbing and building, you've put me on the right track and I've done quite a bit of what you told me and once I sort out the manual I can sit down and follow it step by step and have my pa singing to me lol, I just needed a kick start and thanks to you I am going in the right direction.
Ps I didn't do a support ticket that's probably where I went wrong, I just sent them an email.

Reaction score
Tip

Press and hold the Shift button then press any button and a context related Menu pops up.

ie
There are Assignable buttons to the left of the keybed, press and hold shift then press Assignable Button 3 for a list of all the features that can be assigned to said button.

Reaction score
Tip

Press and hold the Shift button then press any button and a context related Menu pops up.

ie
There are Assignable buttons to the left of the keybed, press and hold shift then press Assignable Button 3 for a list of all the features that can be assigned to said button.
Cheers

Ask a Question