plz help me to understand this...

Reaction score
plz help me to understand these notes(3rd and 7th Bars),
what we call these kind of notes...tenuto???
and how to play it on keyboard??
thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG-20191214-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20191214-WA0008.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 172

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
According to Wikipedia, the dash under the notes means "tenuto," as you said, or "to hold or sustain a note for its full length."

The dot under the notes means "staccato," as Dave said.

And if the two notations are combined, it means tenuto notes which are played in a "non legato" or detached manner. In other words, you would hold down each key for nearly the full length of the note (tenuto), but release it just before playing the next note (non legato).

non legato.png

Reaction score
According to Wikipedia, the dash under the notes means "tenuto," as you said, or "to hold or sustain a note for its full length."

The dot under the notes means "staccato," as Dave said.

And if the two notations are combined, it means tenuto notes which are played in a "non legato" or detached manner. In other words, you would hold down each key for nearly the full length of the note (tenuto), but release it just before playing the next note (non legato).

View attachment 1661
Greatly replied
Thank you so much

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
You're welcome! And thank you for asking, because I don't think I'd never seen that notation before, and I don't think I'd have found the answer in Wikipedia if you hadn't mentioned "tenuto." So you helped me learn something new today!

Ask a Question