Roland JX-3P through a VOX AC 30 please help!

Reaction score
PLEASE HELP!!

Iv'e been trying, effortless to get my Roland Jx-3P to work through my VOX AC30.

Iv'e tried pretty much everything, line it straight from keyboard into amp, line it from keyboard through amp and then from amp out of the PA (which worked ONCE)

But whats the correct way to do this!?!

The thing is that it does come sound out of it either way i try but its very very loow like theres and its doesen't matter if i lower the volume on the keyboard and crank it up on the amp... so PLEASE give me all you got.

Best regards!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The AC30 is a guitar amp. Keyboard levels and impedances are wildly different between keyboards and guitars.

Not sure about exact numbers here but you're going to need some kind of DI box or inline attenuator between the keyboard and the amp if you don't want to blow out the amp's input preamplifier.

Visit a local music shop and ask them exactly what they can offer to match up the impedances.

Gary

The Y_man

Reaction score
May have blown up something on your amp :eek:

Connect it to a PA or just a straight "hi fi" amp (or audio in to a TV or anything - other than a guitar amp!)

The Y-man

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
And btw, guitar amps won't give you the best results with a keyboard.

As Y-Man said, stereo monitors, keyboard amps, PA's, even a Bass amp, anything with a full audio spectrum frequency response is your best bet for a Keyboard amp.

What you're looking for is clean, undistorted sound over the full spectrum with line level inputs.

Gary

The Y_man

Reaction score
Having said that, amps like the Roland Cube 20X that I use has an Aux input jack which feeds straight into the power amp stage (bypasses pre-amp).

The Y-man

Ask a Question