We breed 'em big in Aus

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Australia's contribution to musical culture over the years.

Where's the song about spiders?

:D :D :D

We kid because we love :D

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Have to say Gary, that your Rolf Harris video is not in the best of taste, the guy was a convicted Paedophile.

So was R Kelly.

It didn't stop him from selling millions of albums.

Michael Jackson just had better lawyers and more money.

What's your point?

Their music never molested anyone.

And when did you achieve Australian citizenship Col?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Like I said, money and lawyers can fix anything.

Or are we all boycotting the Who now?

Reaction score
So was R Kelly.

It didn't stop him from selling millions of albums.

Michael Jackson just had better lawyers and more money.

What's your point?

Their music never molested anyone.

And when did you achieve Australian citizenship Col?
Rolf Harris lived in the UK for years, he was convicted here and served 3 years, he died in his £5,000,000 mansion by the River Thames.

Jackson was weird and I have zero songs of his, could never stand his music.

Never heard of R Kelly.

Having Oz citizenship has sweet FA relavance.

If you cannot see the point, you need help.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I'm simply saying the Woke Police are way too damned eager to jump all over even the slightest breath of scandal these days.

Celine Dion's husband started courting her when she was 13 and he was pushing 30 which happened to be the age of consent in Quebec at the time.

And to be honest what constitutes a statutory rape in some jurisdictions these days can boil down to a few weeks to a year in some cases.

So, if you want to throw away all of your Who CDs because they offend your puritanical sensibilities I'll happily take them off your hands for you :)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
When it comes to revisionist history erasing the unpleasant figures from history does not do proper justice to their contributions in the past.

Look up Castrati singers on Wikipedia. They make no mention of the Catholic Church's involvement in the procedure even though Castrati were mandated in the Sistine Choir by Papal Bull.

Ignoring our history DOES NOT make it go away. :p

Warts and all we cannot know where we are going if we have no idea where we came from. :p

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I practice catch-and-release with any spiders I find in our house, as long as they aren't black widow spiders-- which do live in our area and which on rare occasions we've found around the outside of the house; I think the last one I saw had built a nest up in a corner of the overhang of our front porch a few years ago. But I'm not sure I'd like to herd one of those into a jar, even with a very long spoon. And there's no way I'd touch or pick up one of these monsters, even if they aren't deadly to humans:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I think Australia is a lab experiment gone horribly wrong.

Instead of checking your shoes every morning this one is big enough to wear them. :D

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Anecdote:
My father put on a clean shirt from his wardrobe. Not knowing, a Huntsman was within the torso area of the shirt. Dad felt it move and he never moved so quick himself to remove the shirt. Too late! It bit him on the back. Painful but not venomous. But he needed a Tetnus shot and antibiotics to kill any bacteria and infection.
Cheers . Check your clothes.

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Anecdote:
My father put on a clean shirt from his wardrobe. Not knowing, a Huntsman was within the torso area of the shirt. Dad felt it move and he never moved so quick himself to remove the shirt. Too late! It bit him on the back. Painful but not venomous. But he needed a Tetnus shot and antibiotics to kill any bacteria and infection.
Cheers . Check your clothes.

How does something that big manage to sneak into your closet unseen?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woogish

Latest Threads