Yamaha cvp303 notes out of tune

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Have you tried a factory reset?

That's usually the first step of a diagnositic.

Gary ;)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Check pages 76 and 77 of the CVP-305/303/301 Owner's Manual, about "Changing Pitch," including scale tuning. The CVP-303 has nine preset scale types; there's a table on page 77 that lists them and shows how many cents sharp or flat each note would be if C were used as the base note for the tuning.

Some brands of keyboard (such as Roland) have an option for stretched tuning, but I don't see that mentioned in the CVP-303 manual.

Reaction score
I know that on the next model up (the 305) the stretch and flat tuning options are in the voice edit mode. That said I would say as the poster above to make sure to check the scale tuning in case something got messed up. The stretch tuning on my CVP-305 isn't too noticeable except in the last five notes at the top of the keyboard or so.

Reaction score
If a "factory reset" is the first step in debugging, the second step is:

. . . Use a "guitar tuner" (or any other chormatic tuner, available free for Android and iPhone)
. . . to ensure that the note _really is_ out-of-tune.

Your ears can play funny tricks . . .

. Charles

Reaction score
I'd like to thank everyone for taking an interest in my tuning problem and taking time to help me resolve it.
First of all the cvp 303 does have both flat or stretched tuning . See pg 89 90. and Im using 'flat 'tuning. Today my bad notes are D and D# in the fifth octave. Using the procedures called "scale tune" (Pg 76), the D that is tunable turns out to be in he 4th octave but my bad note is in the 5th octive. What I need to know is how to ge t into the other octives where my errant notes live.. ( Looks like octives is same as scale)

Ask a Question