1967 what a year, what is your memorable hit from this year?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
In 1967 I was eleven years old and the Billboard chart for that year lists dozens of my favorites from that era.

If I had to pick a favorite from that year though, it would have to be White Rabbit By Gracie Slick and Jefferson Airplane.

I was loving the California sound in those days.

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
A Whiter Shade of Pale
She's a Rainbow
Gimme Little Sign.

These ones come mind. None would be absolute favs. . . 'Cause back in 1967 I was 15. I left school that year.
In 1968 I got my first job and spent most of my money on records. I saved hard with what I had left to buy a stereo.
So most of my early acquisitions in 68 were tunes from 67 . I remember owning records by Hendrix, Cream, Small Faces, Box Tops, Beatles, Buffalo Springfield etc..
Great era indeed!

The Aussie rock scene was booming big time too and I started going to dances with big name bands.
Max Merrit and the Meteors
Daddy Cool
The Aztecs
Many more. ..

So I cannot name just ONE memorable hit. . . impossible.

Ray . . (Btw Jethro Tull started in 1968. That was the best year for me.)

Reaction score
I was born in 1972 so can't say I "remember" this. However I love love love this song. Originally released in 1966 but was still in the charts in early 1967.

Back in the 90's I played in a classic rock band called "The Seekers". We did a gig at a theatre near the University of Delaware. After the 1st set a guy in his 60's came up to me and asked how many members of the band were originals members. I told them that all of us playing are the original members of the band. He looked at me like I was crazy. Then he says "I guess you are saving Georgy Girl for the encore?" It was then that I realized that he had us confused with The Seekers from the 60's. He drove over a 100 miles to see us... I guess we ruined his expectations for that night.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
I 'ate you Biggles . . (Cockney accent lol)

You kept me awake all last night. I was thinking of all the late 60's songs.
I was playing them in my head.
I was imaging my old collection of 45's (which are long gone)
Trying to figure if they were '67's or '68's . . I have to wait 'til morning to google them.

Wife was gently snoring her little head off whilst I was tossing and turning with active brain running on all cylinders!
midnight, 1am, 3am. . . Damn You Biggles!

What an awesome era! Wow! some amazing songs indeed. I did the google this morning after I did manage a couple of hours sleep!

Most tunes of which I was thinking were 68, 69 or 70.
Not so many 67's but here is one Aussie band which prevails admirably . .

Paul may be interested in this ...
The bloke out front was Brian Caine.
He went on to be known as Brian Cadd.

I don't really hate you Col . . LOL

RAY

Reaction score
I 'ate you Biggles . . (Cockney accent lol)

You kept me awake all last night. I was thinking of all the late 60's songs.
I was playing them in my head.
I was imaging my old collection of 45's (which are long gone)
Trying to figure if they were '67's or '68's . . I have to wait 'til morning to google them.

Wife was gently snoring her little head off whilst I was tossing and turning with active brain running on all cylinders!
midnight, 1am, 3am. . . Damn You Biggles!

What an awesome era! Wow! some amazing songs indeed. I did the google this morning after I did manage a couple of hours sleep!

Most tunes of which I was thinking were 68, 69 or 70.
Not so many 67's but here is one Aussie band which prevails admirably . .

Paul may be interested in this ...
The bloke out front was Brian Caine.
He went on to be known as Brian Cadd.

I don't really hate you Col . . LOL

RAY
Go on Ray share what you really think.

BTW, using a cockney accent on me is an insult of vast proportions, my accent is Lancastrian and North Lancastrian to boot. It is similar to Mancunian but way different to Scouse (Liverpudlian).

Back to the subject matter.

Here is the UK 67 was a transition, yes we had Scott Mackensie and The Flowerpot Men, but it was the year of Strawberry Fields Forever and Waterloo Sunset. Meanwhile the Stones were wanting to Spend the Night Together

Pink Floyd had a couple of hits of which this was one.

Then there was The Herd

Reaction score
One for Delaware Dave to learn for his reboot of his Seekers Band.

Our number 47 from 1967

Ignore the 1968 showing in the vid the song was a 67er

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Actually 1967 was the year that the World's Fair came to Montreal and I was listening to top 40 tunes on a $10 pocket transistor radio. Basically the smart phone of the 60's... :p

5d20dfd012fa818ebbaef774d929b258.jpg

I had a season's pass to the fair and I made good use of it. I also had my first ride on a hovercraft that year. :)

It was a good year to be alive :)

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
BTW, using a cockney accent on me is an insult of vast proportions, my accent is Lancastrian and North Lancastrian to boot
Sorry Sir. I beg your pardon. I didn't know I was mixing with high society.
Please accept my humble apology.

I was listening to top 40 tunes on a $10 pocket transistor radio. Basically the smart phone of the 60's... :p
Yep! I envied those who had one.
I remember saving my "paper round" money to buy one. I never got one of my own. I spent my money on 45 records which cost $1.00 . That was a big stretch.

Ray

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Yep! I envied those who had one.
I remember saving my "paper round" money to buy one. I never got one of my own. I spent my money on 45 records which cost $1.00 . That was a big stretch.

Ray

To quote the immortal Rodney Dangerfield....

"We were so poor when I was a kid that if I didn't wake up with a hard on I'd have nothing to play with for the rest of the day..." :D

Gary ;)

Ask a Question