25 key controller for iOS instruments w full size keys?

Reaction score
Hi, I"m looking for a 25 key controller that can be powered by an iPhone (via Camera Connection kit or similar) to play iOS instruments WITHOUT having to use an external power supply. It doesn't need to have many features BUT, it needs to have full size keys. Looking at the M-audio Oxygen Mk3 and mk4, but they don't seem to mention iOS compatibility. Any others to consider?

It's for playing keyboard bass using an iPhone app and separate from my main keyboard.

Thanks!

Reaction score
It was a couple of years ago that I took my aged iPad into my local music store to see if it would power a MIDI keyboard controller, it was very much hit and miss with most not functioning using the iPad’s battery. I did briefly have an Arturia Essential that my iPad powered but sold it on as the keybed sucked (indifferent & variable response).

Unless someone has specific experience then it may be a suck it and see case and if all else fails including a USB powered hub.

Reaction score
Check out the iRig Keys I/O 25 by IK Multimedia! I have the 49 key version and it is amazing! It's made for iOS devices, and comes with a midi-DIN to lightning cable. Pretty cool keyboard, has built-in audio interface with phantom, headphone jack, and two quarter inch outs to connect to speakers!

Ask a Question