88-key synth action or semi-wtd controller w/ aftertouch?

Reaction score
Don't know if you're from the US or the UK so...

No idea about the quality, though. I believe Swissonic is a generic brand from Thomann themselves...

Reaction score

[/URL][/URL][/URL]

No idea about the quality, though. I believe Swissonic is a generic brand from Thomann themselves...
Looks promising! I'm in the US.

[/URL][/URL]

Reaction score
Besides the Numa Compact 2X, there's also the cheaper Numa Compact 2. SInce you don't care about the built-in sounds, that would be almost the same, mostly you'd be losing the 9 sliders you can define to send MIDI CCs. (The other differences mostly relate to the built in organ and synth sounds which you wouldn't be using anyway.) Like Kaneda said, you pretty much never get a board that has only exactly everything you want but nothing more, and the Numa isn't so badly priced as a controller even if you don't care about its sounds.

If you're okay with used stuff, you could also look for a used Studiologic VMK-88 or 88+ which are soundless controllers with the same Fatar action. (Actually, I have one I haven't used in forever, that I should probably just sell... any chance you're in the New York/Connecticut area?)

(aside to Biggles... Juno DS doesn't have aftertouch.)
Looking into it - thanks!

Reaction score
Sorry - confusing on a smart phone (must remember desktop mode!)

Looks promising! I'm in the US. I'm assuming this is in the UK or EU?

It's an international forum but I guess only the admins can tell you where the actual forum 'headquarters' is...

Reaction score
It's an international forum but I guess only the admins can tell you where the actual forum 'headquarters' is...

Anyone can add their actual or approximate location to be displayed below their icon, as per mine which shows I live in the County of Lancashire here in the UK.

Reaction score
I think you're both Thick as a Brick :D :D :D

Gary ;)

You need to be more specific.

Bricks vary in density by a huge amount.

In my own case my head is more like Accrington Brick, which is hardest brick there is, so hard it needs a diamond tipped drill to only just scratch it.

So I can get totally rat assed and bounce my head along the wall on the way home and still wake up for a full greasy English breakfast.

Goodness, its 23:15 and I just the mention of food and I am now hungry.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I just spent the last two hours making Chicken Cacciatore served on spaghetti with a side of garlic bread.

Needless to say I ate so much I could plotz :D :D :D

The leftovers go in the freezer for enjoyment another time :)

Gary ;)

Ask a Question