A Brief History of the MiniMOOG...

Reaction score
myself, I call it a Mogue when speaking with musicians and a Moog when talking to non musicians. Other than that, just don't call me late for dinner! My primary language is English but for the life of me, I have yet to undrstand a drunk Newfie or a drunk Scot but they're both speaking English. Hmmmmm.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Like Paul said, with all the pronunciations in the world and all the dialects and accents it's not a hill worth dying for. :D :D :D

As long as people understand what you're talking about in the first place the battle is already won :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
myself, I call it a Mogue when speaking with musicians and a Moog when talking to non musicians. Other than that, just don't call me late for dinner! My primary language is English but for the life of me, I have yet to undrstand a drunk Newfie or a drunk Scot but they're both speaking English. Hmmmmm.

Totally WRONG.

A Scot does not speak English when sober.

A drunken Scot speaks a language that would probably equate to Martian.

A guy I used to work with had a Scouser (Liverpool guy) and a Scot from Glasgow as mates, when they were worst the wear for drink he had to translate between the Scouser and Scot.

Such is the weirdness of the English language, I mean what is wrong with a nation that spells colour as color and pronounces bouy as bouie and not boy?

..... now going to hide from the flak.

Reaction score
Ray
Born in England but Anglo, Welsh, Canadian by my parents.

We are not a United Kingdom, the Jocks want out, the Paddies cannot agree in anything, the Welsh talk a completely different language.

So it has to be that I am from Greatish Britain.

Actually I want to be in the Republic of Lancashire, not the hairy fairy cut down version that the dumb ass Tory Government created 40 years ago but the proper Lancashire that includes Liverpool and Manchester, the two greatest Cities in what is currently our not so green yet still pleasant land.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Wow this is so not where I expected this to go. Sorry I posted :/

No need to apologize. Sometimes you just have to stop fighting the current and go with the flow. :D

Sometimes a diversion from reading tech manuals and answering repetitive questions is a tonic to what ails us.

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
[QUOTE="Biggles, post: 194190, member: 9560y[/QUOTE]
I knew it would be complicated. Is why I asked about the British thing.
So I was just making a point that the moog /mogue debate has gone haywire.
Simplicity has crashed!

Ask a Question